It's been two entire months since I last reported the state of Spatial Fear v1.2. There is, of course, a reason for our inactivity in public releases and so forth. That reason is that Spatial Fear v1.2 is no more. Work on this version has been immense and drawn out for a very long time. But with the dismissal of v1.2, we bring you the announcement of Spatial Fear v2.0 - the complete version as we have always imagined it.
Along with the features that v1.2 brought about (Fully functional vehicles, custom level support, new military level), v2.0 will sport the following (don't you love lists?)
- Totally redone NPC and creature skins
- An improved user interface
- Three new music tracks
- An expanded vehicular section of the game
- New creature - the Reaver
- Multiple new variations of already existing creatures
- Dozens of pages of development guides
- Unlockable cheats (via completing the game)
- Improved scripted and dynamic sequences on all levels
- Conversation engine bug fixes
- Implementation of the goal table - a system which allows actions in one level to directly affect another level
- New HUD
- Faster text in communications
- Fully interactive NPC characters who will help you fight
- Dramatically enhanced weapons
- Gameplay enhancements to improve atmosphere and action
- Mite reworked to make the creature more formidable
I think I'll leave you all with a few goodies to end the news post with. Here are some screenshots of the Reavers and tank in action, and a few promo shots of the creatures and their variants with new skins. The only one left to reskin is the Skav and Skav Leader.
Update: We have decided to release one of the three new music tracks to be included in v2.0. This one is by Edgen and is entitled 'Arena.'