After 8 months of development, and extensive pre-release tuning, I am pleased to present the alpha release for Black of Space. The alpha milestone is vital in the software development process. It allows me to collect information about both bugs I haven't found and how gameplay is received, and take suggestions for improvements.
So the Game is Done?!
No. Please don't jump to this conclusion! An alpha is like community bughunting. It's to meant to test the current game for issues and commonly requested changes before adding more on top of it. I intend to do 2 more releases, a beta adding all the final features, and a final release that is the beta except tested and error free!
Cool? How can I help?
Download the game and run it! Remember to read the game guide, BoS is not a simple game. If you have any specific questions you can ask me! If you find a bug, please report it to me so I can fix it. Other than that, enjoy the game!
- This release only supports 1v1 matches with an AI of selectable difficulty.
- Units cruiser and down exist in this version.
- Loading of the last saved game is supported.
- Zooming takes a few seconds! The game didn't freeze!
- Loading may take a few minutes for large saved game files. Remember BoS has to parse a lot of information. As long as you hear music, it isn't frozen!
- This is an alpha, do not expect perfection. Expect to help fix it.