On the 25th Anniversary of Duke Nukem 3D's full release, the most badass mod for Duke Nukem 3D is getting a big update...
Alien Armageddon 4.0, to be released on April 19th:
- NEW! Attrition game mode.
- Battle through a random sequence of some of the best community maps, gaining levels and upgrades as you progress.
- Enemies will get more powerful, too, culminating in an epic boss fight.
- With randomized enemies and almost 200 maps to draw from, Attrition is a new experience every time.
- Start a new game, select New Episodes then the War of Attrition episode to play.
- Enemies have been overhauled with new art and abilities. There are some new enemy types, too.
- The portable vendor is now standard issue, and you can buy a much larger variety of weapon upgrades and perks with the coins you earn from slaying enemies.
- New NPCs and details have been added to previously released episodes, including the originals from 1996.
- The Space Gladiators episode has been partially remixed/rebalanced and includes two new maps replacing weaker matches.
- The New Invasion episode now kicks off with a new map featuring Bombshell in an EDF base under siege.
- More costume choices for Duke and Bombshell, now selectable with a variety of colors from the in-game character menu.
- Now you can rescue civilians from the clutches of the slimy alien tentacles and earn a cash reward.
- Megatons of bug fixes and general improvements!