ZeroBuilder is the greatest set of SWBF mod tools, managed by SWBFmodders, which combines BFbuilder, ZeroFront source, and other useful resources into the ultimate all-in-one toolbox.
Geonosis Prototype v0.91 Demo by SWBFModders | Phobos. Released June 9th, 2020. Original map assets included
Geonosis Prototype v0.91 Demo by SWBFModders | Phobos
Released June 9th, 2020
- Features Geonosis Prototype by Psych0fred and Phobos, SWBFModders 2019 version as GEO3
- Also includes Geonosis Dust Plains conversion by Phobos from 2011 as GEO2
- Both of these are added to global mission and shell missionlist scripts for full version of ZeroFront on SWBFModders.com
- The MODDB demo version has autoinstaller for global mission and shell replacement, but no other features included
Geonosis: Prototype @
Credits: This is an unreleased beta map for SWBF (2004) from psych0fred that has been patched and improved by Phobos from SWBFModders. It's included in the upcoming TWDZF release on 10-31-20 along with several other custom and ported maps.
This is an early release demo version of the map with minimal updates for functionality such as bugfixes and AI path nodes. I plan to improve it much more when ZeroFront v0.98 is released.
Let us know if you have any ideas or requests. Thanks to the SWBFModders.com community for keeping the original Battlefront alive! - SWBFSpy Admin Phobos
Installation for Demo Version:
Run the autoinstaller which extracts the game files to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Battlefront (Classic 2004)\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\ZERO\
Mirrored by Phobos on FCBF @ Fcbf.tk
Basically, this is the Geonosis that was shown in the pre-release SWBF trailers. The design was very, very different to what we got in the end. I've improved the map much more for SWBFModders!
Enjoy (Phobos' Additions coming in the next ZeroFront)
psych0fred has released the geonosis prototype map which contains LAAT/c assets I've improved for the next ZeroFront patch as GEO3. Phobos has added spawn nodes to the map too. For the full list of patches I've made and will add to the next ZeroFront release.
Phobos' Improvements to Geonosis Prototype as of 03/09/19:
- Included the real SWBFSpy patch for SWBF1 with support for 10 unit spawns via hex edited battlefront.exe and common LUA script mods
- After a lot of tesing Phobos discovered that Geonosis Prototype was crashing due to the terrain cutter hitbox of "geo_bldg_dockingring" being bugged. The terrain cutter for "geo_bldg_hangar" was fine and did not need to be removed. To patch this bug, Phobos removed dockingring in ZeroEditor and saved the terrain, then copied the new .TER file into a previous copy which retained the dockingring ODF so that the model is still loaded, just without the terrain cutter effect which causes a crash (not logged in sptest either).
More adjustments were made by Phobos to improve the map and other possible bugs:
- Replaced all instances of geo_fly_technounion and _dest with geo_build_technounion since VehicleType "capitol" isn't supported by the game engine
- Edited all ODFs to change ClassLabel = "building" to ClassLabel = "prop"
- Removed reference to nonexistent file geo_sky_dome_smokeplumes from SKY file
- Replaced geo_sky_dome.msh with the one from BFBuilder
- Removed cloud and mist props and extra junk from sky for better FPS
- Created proper map data folder for geo3.lvl
- Fixed floating and buried prop height levels
- Added various strategical hintnodes around the map (AI place mines around CPs, sniper hotspots and patrol zones)
- Added weighted planning hubs and connection routes for AI
- Added spawn paths to all command posts
- Added one-time spawn cloud cars instead of com_inf_vehiclespawn
- Patch secret tunnel to hanger
- Add more props in the field for cover
- Added support for local Geonosian factions
- Added 10 unit spawns for extended GCW sides
- Added LAAT/c flyer effect to spawn AT-AT walker
- Add republic assault ship to drop AT-TE near back base
- Lower FPS version higher Graphics version with improvements to fog and mist particles
- Proper vehicles for the canon Clone Wars Era with more vehicles for GCW
- Full 10 unit spawn support for Clone Wars, Walking Dead, and Alien Wars Eras
- Add to new ZeroFront campaigns for all 4 main eras (extended stock campaigns + TWD + AWC)
- Added more bonus content you will see when you play the map!
Quote from: psych0fred
This won't run as is, but you can salvage the assets from it to recreate something that does. It can be at least opened and examined in the enclosed version of zero so you cna check it out and then pull the assets into a new level where you rename and recreate it so it works.
It was a protoype level created to test functionality early in development. It's not exactly as it was as there were different art assets and art style then which was more gritty, and large objects could fit into the world without crashing.
If you remove the droid coreship it should run without crashing in game.
Also included but not in the world is a sloppy republic assault ship mesh, but in the original the core ship would lift off and the republic assault ship was flyable and landed to deploy troops. I say sloppy because it's bloated and I don't know if it's fully functional.
There was also the vtrans, which is the LAAT/C and it would swoop down and drop off ATTEs (which was awesome) but the functionality became deprecated and while it's still in the engine it doesn't work. The ship spirals out control as it approaches the ground and both vehicles get destroyed.I never managed to get it to work with the mods.
The terrain was also darker though I don't know if it's because back then it was vertex colored/lighted or the world file is missing texture references. The terrain looks good if someone can find the right textures to apply or color it so it's not so bright.
I've included some images to explain what's in the map so people know what they are looking at in zero.
There were several coves on the map, one contained a hangar with a secret tunnel entrance. You can see the terrain cutters in zero.
You'll also notice the clouds objects in the sky and probably other things I'm forgetting.
I'd like to get it up and running but getting the tools up and running on Win10 has been a pain otherwise I would have spent more time on it.
I'm releasing it to give you the assets. When I look at it I want to restore it to it's full glory which would take a lot of work, and maybe one day I will if I ever get everything up and running again.
As is it crashes when the core ship enters frame and the view distances are all wrong.
It's still a pretty cool map in my opinion and was meant to better represent the battle of geonosis.