This is a submod (or mod mod) for Geheimnisnacht, the Warhammer Fantasy conversion mod of Crusader Kings II. It does not work as a stand-alone mod, but adds new content, streamlines the optimisation, and applies fixes to Geheimnisnacht. The project logo is the work of the excellent CMSteel (search for the artist on DeviantArt if you want to see the original).
This is a playable alpha version of the Dawi Kiss submod of the Geheimnisnacht mod for Crusader Kings 2. You need Geheimnisnacht 1.2, Crusader Kings 184.108.40.206, and Monks & Mystics DLC to play. Horse Lords DLC strongly recommended.
There are a lot of dissatisfied Geheimnisnacht fans out there so here's an early release of Dawi Kiss to try out.
* Chaos Dwarf government changed to a variant Merchant Republic (the competing sorcerer-led clans)
* Chaos Dwarf clans have a rough-and-ready method for helping the Sorcerers stay in charge.
* Chaos Dwarf slave wars removed, replace with pagan looting mechanics. (Slaves are a kind of wealth that can be looted from provinces. Having the Chaos Dwarfs formally declare war to take your people makes less sense than them just going over the border and carrying out some abductions.)
* Darklands starting setup altered to better fit the lore
* Dwarfs given the option to haul out Gromril Armour.
* The religions of the Empire are now treated like pantheistic religions in vanilla and the rest of the mod.
* Shallyan micro-religion removed, functions mostly turned over to the Cult of Shallya society. CoS now has a decision to help provinces resist disease and revolt.
* Manannite religion removed.
* Taalite religion removed, functions mainly turned over to a new Cult of Taal and Rhya society. CoT&R society has a decision to gain a combat trait and a targeted decision for short-term increase in local taxes.
* Ulrican religion removed, functions mainly turned over to a new Cult of Ulric society. CoU has a decision to gain a combat trait and a decision to call up Ulrican Templars.
* Temple buildings in the Old World now reflect the religious diversity of that region.
* Engineers Guild implemented. Engineers have decisions to gain traits, bring out war machines, and reduce local build costs.
* Decision to found the Imperial School of Engineers added. Can only be taken by an Emperor (even if claimant) who owns Altdorf, Marienburg, or Nuln.
* Several special buildings added.
* Repanse made somewhat more like her lore description.
* Sorcerer's Isles renamed and made more magical.
* Trade route & trade post buildings toned down. Repeatedly.
* Orc WAAAGH!!! troops no longer exempt from attrition.
* Arabyan castle buildings made significantly better.
* Arabyan nomads pumped up.
* Khemri troop composition weakened.
* State troops mechanics toned down and made fairer to the AI.
* Went over targetted decisions, removed some of the non-functional stuff and tightened up filters & check intervals on others.
* Duel system patched up, now works on a strategic level. (Tactically it's still a black box.)
* Doom mechanics patched up. Ulthuan is a big part of the original Doom counter staying low, so removing it destabilises the system.
* Some extravagant triggered_modifier functionality reworked through on_action events.
* Some event pre-triggers fixed up (mostly ditching only_rulers for only_playable, religion_group or religion as appropriate).
* The bookmark setup doesn't really make sense with the changed scope of the mod.
* Localisation is only in English.
* Doom counter might still be moving too fast. (Doom shouldn't arrive in the first couple of centuries unless things are particularly bleak.) Alpha testing can't provide enough games to confirm this.
* All "Sigmarite" priests look like members of the Cult of Sigmar, even if they're members of other Cults.
* Old World cult societies have monastic missions rather than tailored quests.
* Engineers don't have missions (but they do have the Experiment! decision).
* Some religious localisation is a little off. Some religious localisation is way off.
* Dwarfs and Men do not help one another against the Forces of Darkness.
* Trade is still kinda whacky.
* Cathay is more annoying than anything else.
* El-Kalabad's location doesn't make sense and is wrong.