After a long time, Warcraft III Extended Edition is getting an update - and a pretty big one. The main changes in version 1.0 are a new system for picking factions, some new content and 2 new maps. It also includes balance changes and bugfixes.
- At game start, each player choses a faction from the list of factions. The factions in the list depend on the chosen vanilla faction.
- Possible choices are:
- Alliance - the vanilla Human faction.
- High Elves - a faction centered around the High Elves of Quel'Thalas.
- Thrall's Horde - the vanilla Orc faction.
- Fel & Dark Horde - a mix of units and heroes from the Fel Horde in Outland and Rend Blackhand's Dark Horde.
- Scourge - the vanilla Undead faction.
- Forsaken - Sylvanas Windrunner's Forsaken, inspiration taken from The Frozen Throne's Undead campaign and WoW storyline.
- Night Elf:
- Sentinels - the vanilla Night Elf faction.
- Watchers - similar to Sentinels, but with a greater focus on Huntresses and melee combat.
- Ilidan's Naga - a faction inspired by the Naga faction from The Frozen Throne's Human campaign.
New Content & Balance Changes
- New Maps:
- Gnoll Wood
- Copper Canyon
- High Elves:
- Silvermoon Ranger's Scout ability replaced with Summon Wolf Companion ability. This ability summons a Wolf Companion unit, which lasts for 70 seconds. The Wolf Companion gians new abilities and more hitpoints and attack damage with each level.
- Sword Mastery bonus damage is now 2 instead of 1.75 times the normal damage.
- Orb of Slow now costs 400 gold instead of 550.
- Fel & Dark Horde:
- Black Drakes are now trained in the new Black Dragon Roost building.
- Black Drakes now cost 6 food instead of 5.
- Fel Orc Warlocks' Lightning shield ability replaced with Raise Skeletal Orcs ability, which summons 2 Skeletal Orcs from a corpse. Skeletal Orcs last for 45 seconds.
- Added the Ogre Magi as a trainable unit in the Spirit Lodge. They can initially cast the Eye of Kilrog ability and can learn Feedback and Arcane Lightning.
- Gul'dan's Shadow Orb now costs 500 gold and gives +5 Attack, +100 mana and bonus hitpoint regeneration.
- Added the Troll Reflexes upgrade in the Barracks. This updrage increases and the attack and movement speed of all Troll units by 10%.
- Reduced the hitpoints of Fel Orc Peons from 320 to 300.
- Fel Orc Grunts now cost 235 gold onstead of 200.
- Fallen Rangers and Spectres can now learn the Shadow Meld ability.
- Spectres start with 0 mana and can now be reanimated into Fallen Rangers by using their new Reanimate ability, which costs 200 mana.
- Spectres now cost 2 food instead of 1.
- Noble Sacrifice now revives 3 friendly units instaed of 2.
- Mind Poison now stops the target unit from casting spells and deals 15 damage per second for 15 seconds.
- Replaced the Disease Cloud ability on Meat Wagons with the Forsaken Plague Cloud ability, which deals 4 damage per second to enemy non-undead units for 120 seconds.
- Stonemaul Ogres now have 1100 hitpoints and have been given the Taunt ability.
- Stonemaul Ogres's Crushing Blow ability must now be unlocked with an upgrade available in the Slaughterhouse.
- Feathermoon Captains' Spy ability renamed to Scout Ahead.
- Feathermoon Captains' Scout Ahead ability now requires the Tree of Ages.
- Huntresses have 3 more attack, 75 more attack range and 100 more hitpoints compared to Sentinels' Huntresses.
- Maiev's Elite now cost 4 food.
- Maiev's Elite hitpoints reduced from 750 to 700.
- Maiev's Elites' Blink now requires the Tree of Eternity.
- Maiev's Elites' Backstab ability now costs 125 mana.
- Ilidan's Naga:
- Mur'gul Reavers' attack reduced to 16-19. Their attack cooldown time has been reduced from 1.60 to 1.40.
- Mur'gul Reavers cost increased from 120 to 130.
- High Priestesses no longer have the Resistant Skin ability.
- Healing Waters ability cooldown increased from 2 to 3 seconds.
- Summon Sea Elemental ability now costs 200 mana.
- Coral Beds have been given the Replenish Life ability, which restores the hitpoints of a target friendly unit.
- Tentacle Guardian had it's attack range reduced from 350 to 325.
- And many more minor balance changes and tooltip changes that I forgot to mention.
- Some hotkeys may not work.
- There might be typos and inaccuracies in tooltips.
- Some features might be over or underpowered. Balancing the game will require feedback from players.
- The Hive Workshop.
- Ujimasa Hojo.
- Blizzard Entertainment.
- And all others whose names I either forgot or couldn't find.
Names are listed in no particular order.
Support me on Patreon: