Uplink OS is a total graphical modification to 2001's indie cult hit Uplink: Trust is a Weakness by Introversion Software. It aims to bring a fresh look to the game's cyberpunk visuals and a much needed upgrade to its interface and usability.

Forum Thread
Found some typos? Post them here! (Games : Uplink - Trust is a Weakness : Mods : Uplink OS : Forum : BUGS : Found some typos? Post them here!) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 2
Oct 25 2016 Anchor

Noticed some typos ;)
Here is the link to the two screenshots.
To see them in better quality you need to download them.

Cheers!

Oct 26 2016 Anchor

Hah! Yes, there are a lot of them in the game (from vanilla, mostly) XD

Thanks for pointing them out!

Oct 26 2016 Anchor

You're welcome!

Oct 27 2016 Anchor

I have one more:

typo_2

Oct 27 2016 Anchor

Thanks for the screenshots guys! Already fixed them.

I'm gonna pin this thread, maybe others will join in :D

Cheers!

Oct 27 2016 Anchor

Good idea!

Oct 28 2016 Anchor

Virusus?

I think Security and Password are exchanged.

Edited by: adohk

Oct 29 2016 Anchor

@adohk: Actually "viruses" is correct. ;) I did fix the second one, nice find!

Oct 29 2016 Anchor

Yeah but virusUs isn't :p

Oct 30 2016 Anchor

Ah! My bad, I didn't read the whole thing and thought that there was only one "viruses" word!

Thanks for pointing it out!

Oct 30 2016 Anchor

No worries :p

Oct 30 2016 Anchor

Quite a few on this news item.

Another one:

Should be 'deliberately'

'repercussions'

The company name Resonate Tech. causes some interesting email addresses...

'Veteran'

Also, there's no way to see what the awards are currently.

surprise and yesterday

statement

seized

...Time to go the revelation route! ;)

Oh, the Protovision Game Server doesn't work :P

Clicking there gives a blank screen.

Not sure why 'Uplink Corporation' is hyphenated here.

'this man for' rather than 'many'

'clearance'

Aaaand that's it! Didn't find any more typos while finishing the ARC storyline. :)

Look_At_Me
Look_At_Me Look At Me
Nov 4 2016 Anchor

Screenshot 2

"otherwise known as ARC, has*"

Screenshot 3

"ARC is*"

Nov 5 2016 Anchor

Oh wow, nice finds! And thanks a lot for the screenshots! They help a ton when fixing these!

@subbenji99: Awesome finds! As for the other bugs in you post: the Nuclear War mini-game is not in yet, but it's on my list, and thanks for reminding me about the awards. I've put their titles in the game-over screen, but forgot to put them in the Status window, too -_^'

Edited by: Cpt.McBacon

Nov 7 2016 Anchor

At Uplink Internal Services System under Help / Getting Started / Basic tools it says that you can purchase tools from 'Software Sales' section but I couldn't find it quickly or it confused me because the meant menu item is called 'App upgrades' instead.

Next, under Help / Getting Started / Stealing it tells you to 'use the file copier and download the file..'. I thought I had to purchase a 'file copier app that I couldn't find but instead I just had to right click the file und select download.

Edited by: Daimao13

Nov 8 2016 Anchor

@Daimao13: Ah, yes, I really have to get to re-write some of those help screens >_< For now, I changed the things you noticed and they will be available in the next version.

Nov 25 2016 Anchor

Alright, so I noticed a few things:

20161125110846 1

Firstly, every female is referred to as male using words like "him" and "his", one example being in the email but there are a lot of them.

Secondly, it says "High tech fraud" but it just feels wrong to me. I feel it should be "High Tech Fraud" to match things like "Criminal Record". I might just be being too nit picky though.

20161125120617 1

Thirdly, in this second picture there is a extra space, "> File Server" should be ">File Server".

Finally, another nit picky thing, in both pictures there are spaces in email names that do not look right. For example "internal@Gigabyte Technology.net" should be either "internal@GigabyteTechnology.net" or "internal@gigabytetechnology.net".

Nov 25 2016 Anchor

Hmmm I was sure I fixed all those "him/his/he" type of things. Will look some more into it. I have to ask, though: did you create a new user? If not, what version were you on when you created it?

The "File server" and "High tech fraud" are easy fixes.

About the e-mails though: yes, I noticed them too from when I was playing the game, but I'm afraid I won't be able to fix them as doing that will break some internal things in Uplink (although I will investigate to be sure).

Cheers and thanks a lot!

Nov 25 2016 Anchor

I created a new user for the update just to be on the safe side.

Nov 25 2016 Anchor

Okay, so it's not because of that. Hmmm... I really gotta check it then.

Thanks for the info!

Dec 6 2016 Anchor

Tutorial page #15 has got "your" where it should be "you're" and I am just scared to proceed now and hit another insult to the English language but I will persevere.

Incidentally I am not able to get my password breaker to work. So I go back a few tutorial steps, now with a keener eye.

And Jesus well Tutorial #12 has "we'll" instead of "will". I'll look back further and daaayamn:

Tutorial #1 has got parentheses and should have a space before it.

4: extensively not extensivly

8: "from the top of the screen" probably should be "at the top"

And I'm back again after playing a few minutes.

The success email. Says "thankyou". Missing space.

Can you maybe just read through and double check your strings for the next update?

Edited by: Uuugggg

Dec 7 2016 Anchor

Just a few small things:

20161207145743 1

"Media studies" should be "Media Studies".

20161207145824 1

"Certified systems engineer" would look better as "Certified Systems Engineer".

Also I can't believe I missed this one for so long: "over-rated" should be "overrated".

Dec 8 2016 Anchor

@Uuugggg: Hahahah, aw come on, don't beat me up about it. ^_-' That's what I get for typing the texts late at night with no spell checker ;___;
The "thankyou" one is courtesy of Introversion :P

@Dude579: Will change them! :D

Edited by: Cpt.McBacon

Dec 15 2016 Anchor

Wrong server, it was the ARC LAN server that was compromised.

20161215053400 1

Dec 15 2016 Anchor

Thanks for the heads-up, Dude579! Fixed! :D

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.