The Beta version is intended for testing and reporting problems, but it is fully functional and has most of the features of 1.1. For more detailed information about the changes, visit the forum thread.
UPatch HD 1.1 Beta includes:
- Custom game resolutions - up to 1920x1200! List of supported resolutions and more information here.
NOTE: Unlike the final version, the interface background screens in the Beta are simply resized graphics, not enhanced or corrected in position/aspect ratio.
- Option to select random teams ("?" for team number).
- Option to select "Random" for Map Type, so that you don't know which map type will be chosen.
- Multiplayer maximum population limit option extended to 500.
- Post-Iron Age option added as starting age in both Single and Multiplayer.
- Save game crashes are fixed.
- Color bug for Windows Vista/7 is fixed.
- Some fixes to prevent crash to Desktop.
- Over 150 various other bug fixes!
- Some improvements on Random Maps.
- Balance and consistency fixes for units and civilizations.
Not included in the Beta (will be included in the final 1.1):
- HD interface graphics - interface background screens enhanced to HD quality! No more upscaled blurry low resolution/low quality screens. Check the screenshots here.
- The original CD audio soundtrack in mp3, replacing the primitive synthesizer (MIDI) version.
- Updated technology trees for all civilizations.
- Support for more game languages.
- Some other improvements.