Tour of Duty is a realistic team play mod for Halflife by Valve Software. The game is set at the height of the Vietnam war, between 1967 and 1973 allowing you to relive the conflict fighting either for the United States Marine Corp (USMC) or the Viet Cong (VC)/North Vietnamese Army (NVA). The mod features realistic weapons of the period, and a number of gameplay styles including control point capture, demolition or bombing missions, capture the flag/radio/codemachine and escape and evasion are the currently coded styles. We are also planning on adding rescue missions, where you'll rescue a general or famous figure. We've added support for some vehicles that players can ride into the action in, with guns 'ablazing', right now, we have a huey that players ride to the bomb target zone, and have plans for PT boats in future levels.

Forum Thread
Saturday 3.25.06: Sign up here!!! (Games : Half-Life : Mods : Tour of Duty : Forum : ToD Discussion : Saturday 3.25.06: Sign up here!!!) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 19 2006 Anchor

OK, OK, So racer has had this server up for a few days now and I go by and check it out every once and a while. I have played with one person since it went up. I propose we set a match for next saturday. I live in California so I have PST time. It seems that we are all posting here during "my daytime" so I can assume we are all pretty close to one another, this shouldn't be to hard. I'm free all saturday so anytime is good for me. If others are free than simply post "free", if you have a time to request the match at, reply with the time and your general location. A final time will be decided upon and all will be expected to attend, although its not mandatory in anyway.

BTW: I'm using 1.2.1

Edited by (in order): Whirled_Peas, Whirled_Peas

Mar 19 2006 Anchor

thats a really good idea, i doubt ill be able to play, but try to get as many as you can, get some interest going again, get ratm and some of the others in there. if you guys decide on a time ill see if I am able to join.

Mar 25 2006 Anchor

OK, well Racer hasn't had the server up for a couple days now. So, provided that it is there tomorrow, the match will begin at 12 pm PST, check your local listings(LOL). Anyways, I hope everyone makes an effort to show their support by coming out and playing a few. It would be nice to see a few heads in there. Keep in mind that doing this will show the dev team that they have community support and perhaps inspire them to create a ToD 2! We all now how awesome the game would be, with the limitless power of the HL2 engine. If the server isn't there just KEEP CHECKING. I'll contact Racer and see whats up.

Mar 25 2006 Anchor

Left server up all day.
Had 5 players in it but not at the same time.
this really really needs to be ported to Source :)

Mar 25 2006 Anchor

ya ya getting there

Mar 26 2006 Anchor

If I can get decent FPS for this mod on source i'll play, decent as in being able to hold 30+ constant without spiking far below 30. 27-30 would be fine with fps_max 31.

Mar 26 2006 Anchor

if you play cs:s what kind of fps do you get?

my fps sucks on anything hl2, but i plan on getting new computer in 6 months

Mar 27 2006 Anchor

Is there actually some magical converter out there that takes all your Half LIfe data and converts it to HL2 source code? How does "porting" actually work?

Mar 27 2006 Anchor

its pretty much start from scratch, the maps could be if you have the rmf file, but to make them look good in source you start from scratch with them as a reference

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.