Tour of Duty is a realistic team play mod for Halflife by Valve Software. The game is set at the height of the Vietnam war, between 1967 and 1973 allowing you to relive the conflict fighting either for the United States Marine Corp (USMC) or the Viet Cong (VC)/North Vietnamese Army (NVA). The mod features realistic weapons of the period, and a number of gameplay styles including control point capture, demolition or bombing missions, capture the flag/radio/codemachine and escape and evasion are the currently coded styles. We are also planning on adding rescue missions, where you'll rescue a general or famous figure. We've added support for some vehicles that players can ride into the action in, with guns 'ablazing', right now, we have a huey that players ride to the bomb target zone, and have plans for PT boats in future levels.

Forum Thread
Running Dedicated Server for 1.2.1 (Games : Half-Life : Mods : Tour of Duty : Forum : ToD Discussion : Running Dedicated Server for 1.2.1) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 15 2006 Anchor

I attempted to run a dedicated server with 1.2.1 as it is explained on S10.invisionfree.com
Everything went smoothly, but I was unable to find the server in the servers list and join in. Do I have to enter a different way since I'm the one running the server?

Mar 16 2006 Anchor

Nope I used to run my PC as a server and was able to join. I think sometimes the server list just isnt accurate or something.
trying clearing your filter.

Mar 16 2006 Anchor

also if you have any kind of firewall/router it can cause major issues.

Mar 16 2006 Anchor

OK, I figured out how to see my server, but now when I try to join the ping jumps from 17 to 1008 to 2000. Whats up with that?

Mar 16 2006 Anchor

is it on a home computer on like dsl or cable? if so thats probably why, or on your personal commputer is there other programs running.

Mar 17 2006 Anchor

Yes, its my pc, currently upgradind the CPU and ram. Only virus program.

Mar 19 2006 Anchor

We have had 49 people dl v 1.3 since i uploaded it early this week. I didnt announce it anywhere. Thats pretty good.

Mar 19 2006 Anchor

I've been playing 1.2.1 this whole time because others had told me that 1.3 was too buggy of a release. Plus I can use the shrikebots. Hope ppl have actually been playing.

Mar 19 2006 Anchor

I dont care what version people are playing as long as they are. But hopefully when we have a new version that will be what everyone plays.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.