Tour of Duty is a realistic team play mod for Halflife by Valve Software. The game is set at the height of the Vietnam war, between 1967 and 1973 allowing you to relive the conflict fighting either for the United States Marine Corp (USMC) or the Viet Cong (VC)/North Vietnamese Army (NVA). The mod features realistic weapons of the period, and a number of gameplay styles including control point capture, demolition or bombing missions, capture the flag/radio/codemachine and escape and evasion are the currently coded styles. We are also planning on adding rescue missions, where you'll rescue a general or famous figure. We've added support for some vehicles that players can ride into the action in, with guns 'ablazing', right now, we have a huey that players ride to the bomb target zone, and have plans for PT boats in future levels.

Forum Thread
Cant play 1.2.1 (Games : Half-Life : Mods : Tour of Duty : Forum : ToD Discussion : Cant play 1.2.1) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 15 2006 Anchor

I just redownloaded ToD onto my new computer.
I got 1.2 and then the patch from this profile.
I found no servers, so I went to create one.

I got an error message saying I dont have Open GL mode on (I run Direct X i think)
And it wouldnt let me start a server unless I changed.

It needs to be backwards compatible for those of us with newer PCs and high speed Grpahics cards.
Maybe BB can do a new version.

Mar 16 2006 Anchor

well when I am done here in california if there was enough positive feedback then I was going to talk to the coder for ToD and see what he says, and Ill talk to BB and see if hes willing to help out. I thought about talking to AP about a SP version.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.