This mod will add new units to your supreme commander Forged Alliance game. This mod can be played in both single player and multiplayer. All my units will have Sorian AI support.

Forum Thread
Upgraded to 1.17 but it shows as 1.16 in Mod Manager (Games : Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance : Mods : Total Mayhem : Forum : Report a Bug : Upgraded to 1.17 but it shows as 1.16 in Mod Manager) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 11 2012 Anchor

I made sure and deleted ver 1.16 in my mod folder and also the sounds folder but when I re-start the PC and the game which I have done several times, I still see version 1.16. Please help.

Forged Alliance - ver 1.5.3599 and following mods:
Bulwark mod
GAZ_UI
Black Ops Icon Support v.2
Sorian

Edited by: bofhlusr

Dec 17 2012 Anchor

So sorry for the late reply bofhlusr. Your error might be as simple as TotalMayhem.zip in your mod folder. Make sure the zip file is NOT in the mods folder. it will corrupt things easily. :)

Dec 17 2012 Anchor

I made a newbie mistake and replied to you via email instead of in here. What I said in the email was that I am already aware of that type of error, and so the zip file is not in my mod folder.

Here's what my mod and mayhem directory looks like (I've added new mods as seen below since I first posted):

User Posted Image

--

Forged Alliance version 1.5.3599 with the following mods: Bulwark, Mayhem 1.17, Sorian, and LEMS 4.4, BlackOps Icon Support v2 (v5 hangs on me at the 'In Transit' screen) and XtremWars 1.0.

Dec 18 2012 Anchor

alright! your mod folder looks fine to me, and if youre sure that there is no zip file in your mod folder then Im not sure what is going on. only thing i can think of is the other mod folder in users for windows. Have you checked in your C:\users\username\my games\gas powered games\supreme commander forged alliance\mods folder?
the fact that the unit doesnt disappear from the game when you delete its folder indicates that it must be a duplicate installation of mayhem somewhere... :\

Dec 18 2012 Anchor

Good point. There must be a duplicate installation somewhere, but, I did a search of my C: (system) and D:(game) drive and couldn't find any. Here's one of my searches in drive D:

Photobucket

The D:\BRNT1EXART folder in the root of my D: drive above is my backup of the original folder located in my mods folder.
I'll look some more, but please let me know if you can think of some other possible explanation.... by the way, I just noticed that I have TotalMayhem in my \FA and \Users root folders. I'll check that out, and let you know.

--

Forged Alliance version 1.5.3599 with the following mods: Bulwark, Mayhem 1.17, Sorian, and LEMS 4.4, BlackOps Icon Support v2 (v5 hangs on me at the 'In Transit' screen) and XtremWars 1.0.

Dec 19 2012 Anchor

ah, there is the error. If you have any mod installed in both locations (/fa and /users) the game will simply load them both at the same time. remove one of them and everything should work fine :)

Dec 20 2012 Anchor

Yes, removing the /Users installation fixed it. Thank you!

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.