Tier666TA is a bot AI modification focused on replay value. Bots can now move around just as pro players do. To play this mod, you need both Quake3 Arena and Team Arena installed on your PC.
"Tier666 Team Arena Edition" or "Team Arena Redux" is a bot AI modification for QuakeIII Team Arena. Bots can now move faster and act more unpredictably. You can expect more on enjoyable opponents.
"Tier666 Team Arena Edition" or "Team Arena Redux" is a bot AI modification for QuakeIII Team Arena.
Bots can now move faster and act more unpredictably.
You can expect more on enjoyable opponents.
* Features *
- redefined "fast and furious" playing experience
- new gametype "Kamikaze Rush Hour"
- new gametype "Max Overload"
- new gametype "Harvester Redux"
- quick single player score attack
- additional player movement
1. double jump (from CPM or Quake Live)
2. bounce pad double jump (from Quake Live)
- advanced bot movement
- dynamic weapon choice AI
- sampling human player jump from demo file as a helper waypoint for bots
- wider range of render setting
* Play Information *
- make sure you have retail version of both Quake III Arena and Team Arena installed on your PC, ideally patched to v1.32
- unzip the contents of tier666TA-4.0.zip to your Quake3 folder, so that "tier666TA.exe" sits in the same directory with original "quake3.exe"
- double click "tier666TA.exe" to play
your_quake3_directoy\ (such as C:\game\quake3\)
|_baseq3\ (essential, addon contents should be located here)
| |_ pak0-8.pk3
| |_ pak0-3.pk3
|_tier666TA\ (tier666 directory)
WARNING: You can't use tier666TA.exe to run other mods, including original Quake3 Arena.
* New Rules *
All new gametypes are round-based.
[ Kamikaze Rush Hour (based on One Flag CTF) ]
- everytime a player catches white flag, kamikaze timer is activated on him
- kamikaze can only be activated by this timer
- best played with small/medium sized simple maps
[ Max Overload (based on Overload) ]
- spawns with 200 health/armor, full weapons and decent amount of ammos
- the goal of offense team is to destroy enemy obelisk, while defense team is to prevent it
- offense team spawns at self team's or enemy team's respawn spots, while defense team uses their initial spawn points
- best played with any type of maps including terrain maps
[ Harvester Redux (based on Harvester) ]
- if one team succeeded to deliver skulls, all skull status is reset
- best played with small/medium sized maps