The project is a HD texture mod for the second part of the game series Thief (Thief II: The Metal Age)

Forum Thread
Thief 2 HD Mod 1.0 Beta (Games : Thief II: The Metal Age : Mods : Thief 2 HD Texture Mod : Forum : Beta Testing : Thief 2 HD Mod 1.0 Beta) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 24 2016 Anchor

This is the Thief 2 HD Texture Mod 1.0 beta testing thread!

Edited by: Bentraxx

Dec 30 2016 Anchor

Got my account working, downloading HD now.

Dec 30 2016 Anchor

I've found the first problem by myself.

If you use the "Fan Mission Mode" and then you go back to the "Original Mission Mode" the Blood FX is automatically ON..

I will try to fix this problem!

Jan 3 2017 Anchor

Ok so I finished the OMs and all and all very impressive with all the new effects and models.

Here are screenshots with some discrepancies that I have found:

dump030

Some of the gates do not have the HD models.

dump029

The Explosive Charge does not have an HD object.

dump026

The Spider Bot goes back to the default model when destroyed/disabled.

dump027

The Signal sign does not have an HD texture.

dump025

When Karras speaks on the PA, I get multiple subtitles.

dump023

The Mechanists chair and table do not have HD objects.

dump022

The Mechanist beds do not have HD objects.

dump018

These Mechanists dining room chairs and table top have no HD objects.

dump017

Sometimes when using water or moss arrows, it goes to this candle object.

dump015

The Haunts have no HD models.

dump016

The Servant and Combat Bots have the default eye texture.

dump014

The Noisemaker does not have an HD object.

dump012

Didn't know if you were to update this alarm light model.

dump013

I'm unable to get to the armory in Shoalsgate because the button has been obstructed by the new target textures.

dump010

The bars in this door do not have HD textures.

dump009

The voice machines in Angelwatch show two sets of subtitles.

dump008

The Chandelier uses the default models.

dump007

Didn't know if you wanted Garrett's bracers brown or to make them green like the default mesh.

dump004

Garrett's hand look choppy when holding his sword. Wondering if it is supposed to look his hand when he is hold his blackjack below.

dump006

dump003

Don't know if he is supposed to wear a black glove when carrying bodies.

dump000

The Frogbeasts don't have Hd models.

dump001

No flames on this chandelier at the Shemenov estate.

dump002

The textures are misaligned on the balcony wall across from the Dayport Trader bank.

Also another issue I found was when Garrett is talking to Lotus, Garrett's dialogue does not appear in the subtitles.

Final note, FM mode is working correctly. Let me know if you need help with anything else.

Also the light mapped water only applies to the OMs?

dump024

The PA speaker does not have an HD model.

dump028

The glasses do not have an HD model.

dump031

The Rust Gas container does not have an HD object.

The Hammerite Novice model is misaligned.

dump032

And it uses the Thief 1 default polygon model. This is Dark Beginnings, Burglary in Blackbrook FM.

Also the new blood stains that are found in Mynells Unit at Shipping and at the morgue in Shoalsgate, keep repeating the animation cycle over and over again.

Whenever I/m reading books that only contain one page of reading, all of the text is faded and difficult to read. This mainly occurs in FMs.

dump033

This Thief 1 zombie has the mesh backwards and is using the Thief 1 default model. This is in A Brawl in the Tombs, Thief 2 Fm

In the subtitles, there are some instances where there are extra letters and letters from different languages that appear in between words.

The Thief 1 haunt that carry swords do not have an HD model

dump034

Also the thieves that are in Thief 1 do not have the HD models in Thief 2 fms.

And that their meshes are backwards.

Jan 7 2017 Anchor

TheDarkOne covered all of the issues I noticed. Other than that, it looks fantastic! I do have one issue, though. I seem to be getting sub-par performance in some areas. For example the very first areas in Running Interference and in Framed(Shipping and Receiving is fine, though). I have an AMD FX-8370, 16GB RAM, and an R9 380X 4GB, so it should be running fine.

Jan 18 2017 Anchor
TheDarkOne93 wrote:

Ok so I finished the OMs and all and all very impressive with all the new effects and models.

Here are screenshots with some discrepancies that I have found:

dump030

Some of the gates do not have the HD models.

Yes, that's correct.

dump029

The Explosive Charge does not have an HD object.

HD texture added!

dump026

The Spider Bot goes back to the default model when destroyed/disabled.

fixed!

dump027

The Signal sign does not have an HD texture.

HD texture added!

dump025

When Karras speaks on the PA, I get multiple subtitles.

The subtitles are a bit buggy. I can't fix all this subtitle problems. It's because Karras audio voice will be triggered automatically here and it looks like that the subtitles will be triggered multiple!

dump023

The Mechanists chair and table do not have HD objects.

HD texture added!

dump022

The Mechanist beds do not have HD objects.

HD texture added!

dump018

These Mechanists dining room chairs and table top have no HD objects.

I like the original texture.

dump017

Sometimes when using water or moss arrows, it goes to this candle object.

I've tried the same but i've never got a candle object??!

dump015

The Haunts have no HD models.

HD texture added!

dump016

The Servant and Combat Bots have the default eye texture.

dump014

The Noisemaker does not have an HD object.

HD texture added!

dump012

Didn't know if you were to update this alarm light model.

I like the original texture.

dump013

I'm unable to get to the armory in Shoalsgate because the button has been obstructed by the new target textures.

Try it again! The target on the right side works! Shoot an arrow in the middle! But it's correct that you can't see the button no longer.... That is intention!

dump010

The bars in this door do not have HD textures.

dump009

The voice machines in Angelwatch show two sets of subtitles.

Maybe you have triggered it twice...

dump008

The Chandelier uses the default models.

No, it's not the original ;-)

dump007

Didn't know if you wanted Garrett's bracers brown or to make them green like the default mesh.

I like this version more.

dump004

Garrett's hand look choppy when holding his sword. Wondering if it is supposed to look his hand when he is hold his blackjack below.

I can't fix this problem...

dump006

dump003

Don't know if he is supposed to wear a black glove when carrying bodies.

dump000

The Frogbeasts don't have Hd models.

dump001

No flames on this chandelier at the Shemenov estate.

fixed!

dump002

The textures are misaligned on the balcony wall across from the Dayport Trader bank.

fixed!

Also another issue I found was when Garrett is talking to Lotus, Garrett's dialogue does not appear in the subtitles.

Final note, FM mode is working correctly. Let me know if you need help with anything else.

Also the light mapped water only applies to the OMs?

Yes. Works only with OMs!

dump024

The PA speaker does not have an HD model.

HD texture added!

dump028

The glasses do not have an HD model.

dump031

The Rust Gas container does not have an HD object.

HD texture added!

The Hammerite Novice model is misaligned.

dump032

And it uses the Thief 1 default polygon model. This is Dark Beginnings, Burglary in Blackbrook FM.

Also the new blood stains that are found in Mynells Unit at Shipping and at the morgue in Shoalsgate, keep repeating the animation cycle over and over again.

That's strange! I've checked it and there is a blood texture without animation....it looks like it should!

Whenever I/m reading books that only contain one page of reading, all of the text is faded and difficult to read. This mainly occurs
in FMs.

I will check this now!

dump033

This Thief 1 zombie has the mesh backwards and is using the Thief 1 default model. This is in A Brawl in the Tombs, Thief 2 Fm

In the subtitles, there are some instances where there are extra letters and letters from different languages that appear in between words.

The Thief 1 haunt that carry swords do not have an HD model

dump034

Also the thieves that are in Thief 1 do not have the HD models in Thief 2 fms.

And that their meshes are backwards.

It's possible that you will have some problems with textures in Fan Missions! That's because the priority for the HD mod path is:

(starting with highest priority)
; uber_mod_path -> FM dir (if active) -> mod_path ->

You see that the mod_path is the last one. So if there is a texture or an object model in the FM dir what has the same name as the HD texture / model....the FM texture have higher priority! So then the HD texture will be ignored. There is nothing i can do about that. The only thing you can do is using the "uber_mod_path" ... but this is not a good idea! You will always have some texture problems with Fan Missions using the T2 HD mod.

Edited by: Bentraxx

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.