The Second Tiberium War is a standalone modification for Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun. Features include new units, structures, maps, veteran upgrades, difficult AI, higher resolution menu's, audio effects, improved cameo's, Windows 10 support, and a large overhaul to the game play experience.
The Second Tiberium War is a gameplay modification that features large game play improvements to Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun. This is version 1.12 that was released 5 years ago with a resolution fix.
The Second Tiberium War is my own version of Tiberian Sun leaning toward a Tiberium Wars style. I made many improvements to every aspect of the game from veteran upgrades to new maps and even totally redone menu’s. I spent many hours balancing making sure both factions were an equal threat on the battlefield yet require a different strategy to command and conquer. I’ve made so many changes I couldn't possibly fit them on this post so I will list only the main features:
- Totally redone menu’s including scaling to a 1024x768 resolution.
- Several new maps with greatly improved lighting and detail including some original map remakes.
- Overhauled Veteran upgrades for most units with new sights and sounds.
- Many new vehicles, infantry, and aircraft.
- Improved AI that will give all levels of gamer's a challenge.
- New cameo’s for new and existing units and structures.
- Fine tuned balancing to ensure ALL units are necessary for victory.
- Fully standalone installation, Tiberian Sun is not required to play.
- Several minor additions to prevent lag or game crashes.
I started the mod in march 2012 and have been learning as I go, making improvements along the way. This is my first full modification so don’t judge it too harshly, it was a one man team and not intended to be a total conversion. I hope you have fun and enjoy The Second Tiberium War!