In The Rising, there is no place to hide, there is no escape, and you will not be rescued. The only hope available for mankind will come from your determination and resilience. The time of avoidance and submission are over. The only option is to resist.

Forum Thread
06/24/08 News Update (Games : Half-Life 2 : Mods : The Rising : Forum : News : 06/24/08 News Update) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 24 2008 Anchor

Yay! Forums!
Shortly later today i'm going to post a video showing off the one of a many different kind of map objectives codenamed the "Thumper Objective" so look out for that. In addition, our original site will be updated soon with current mod information, media, and team members.

Previously, I was very hesitant to create a forums section because i didn't feel there was much to talk about with the community. Unless i could put a beta in their hands to play, i felt like these would just die off quickly. However, because I feel like we are coming close to a REAL playable build of the mod (not just me creating a game and wondering around but actual real game play) I feel like is is a great opportunity for people to get a glimpse of our progress and give us feedback on up coming gameplay videos. With the communities feedback from these videos, hopefully we will be able to make the correct adjustments and tweaks to the mod so that we feel confident enough to release a public beta. Keep in mind the beta will only feature a player vs player game play whereas our final release will include NPC game mechanic that we wont go into at this point.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.