The Gate II is the long awaited sequel to hit Half-life 1 mod 'The Gate'. It is a FULL conversion of Half-life 2 and hence will have all models changed, all skins, all new weapons! Using the power of The Half Life II engine The Gate II will bring alive the world like never before! The story continues from where the last game left off, this time The TimeGate will take the player to amazing new world in distant universes. Unlike the first Game The Gate II will feature many more enemies to fight! Some Alien some Human and a few more besides.. We have a full inventory of Professional voice actors on our team so The Gate II will of course feature a full movie style script. The Gate II like its predecessor will also be released with a full classical musical score. Go Play The Gate 1 to find out more! It will set you up for the ride of your life ~C J BEATTIE
It's the first time I've been absolutely infuriated this quickly by a mod. Honestly I've played a lot of mods that were disappointing but this one takes the crown.
The things that bothered me the most:
- The cinematics you have implemented are extremely bare, way too long and tasteless. I don't even know what I was seeing there's absolutely no context given at all.
- The first map has a delay on the beginning of the intro cinematic. I was free roaming in a room with skewered ragdolls and an extremely conspiracy inspired alien.
- The whole intro with the jeep is just OH MY GOD MAKE IT STOP. It's like you playtested it on easy skill with godmode turned on. There's displacements sticking out to the road (specifically the one before you get to the city near the moving truck) that end up causing the jeep to be stuck. You also randomly die at the broken bridge to a trigger_hurt for absolutely no reason. wtf m8?
- Extremely AWFUL retextures. What did you even try to do with the ammo crate ? It's like you asked a five years old child to mess around with paint and decided to go with that.
- Dead naked FEAR Alma model on a table with no real context. ALIEN movie facehuggers and so on. Wtf? Is this a contest of how many imports you can shove into a mod?
- Making squad NPCs with low health a game end condition if they die. A few rooms later one of the first NPC you encounter is an automatic turret. Obviously a genius idea here.
- I have to destroy supply crates with an SMG because you decided not to provide a melee weapon. Why not.
I do NOT recommend this mod at all. It's been a painful experience and it doesn't even come close to the first HL1 mod. Official seal of sadness.
Highest Rated (9 agree) 10/10
I originally started playing this mod but could not get passed the bugs and gave up. Since then however I have had a bit of time on my hands so decided to play the patched version and I am glad I did. This game is so funny and annoying but in a funny way I really enjoyed this. I can see why this would not appeal to everyone but I thought it was very funny. I was confused about the story at times but really enjoyed playing it nonethless. The maps are brilliant, the humour is witty albeit a bit childlike…
Aug 20 2014 by angelfires