Techno-Strike is a modified version of CS 1.6 that attempts to make it a more modern and realistic game, while trying to keep the original style of the game, with improved weapon models with higher polygon counts, improved and more realistic sound effects, new menu designs and more! It will be regularly updated with new improvements and features. Check the files section on this mod page to download the latest release!
After almost 1.5 years of work, this mod is finally finished. You're welcome. Click "Read More" for more details and install instructions NOTE: C4 worldmodel reverted to the previous one as the new one wasn't letting the game join lots of servers!!
Install Instructions: Download the installation file to your computer, then run it and choose a location for it to extract. Then go to the location you extracted it to, then run the CSLauncher.exe file to run the game. It might be detected as a threat by some anti-virus programs, if thats the case with you, just add it to its whitelist, as its just a false positive.
Final Version 1.0 (Apr. 7 2021)
- The mod has now left the BETA stages and is going to receive updates less often.
- Fixed the AK47 texture being black and white only.
- Tweaked the reload sounds for the P90.
- Added a new firing sound for the Scout.
- Fixed the green lines being displayed slightly in the killfeed icons.
- Added new beeping sounds for the C4.
- Added new button sounds, which were ported from Half-Life Alyx.
- Added new door sounds, which were ported from Black Mesa Source.
- Added some new textures for the bullet holes, which were ported from the Source engine (this was probably first done in 1.5 but I dont remember).
- Added a new firing sound for the Glock.
- Added a new firing sound for the M4A1 when silenced (ah god what have i done).
- Added some new physics sounds, which were ported from Half Life Alyx.
- Added a new draw sound for the Deagle.
- Reverted the flashbang explosion sound to the older one.
- Added new explosion sounds for the hegrenade.
- Replcaed the MP5 model with a retextured CS Neo model.
- Added a new radar.
- Tweaked the M249's firing sound.
- Added new worldmodel textures for the Five-seveN and the Glock18.
- Added new platform sounds (ported from Half-Life Alyx).
- Added new maps for the following gamemodes: Bomb defusal, hostage rescue, fight yard, deathmatch, aim.
- Added new headshot sounds.
- Added some new footstep sounds for some materials.
- Added new sounds for the HUD.
- Added new sounds for the nightvision goggles (ported from CS:GO).
- Added new firing sounds for the UMP45, and for the silenced USP.
- Slightly altered the firing sound for the Dualies.
- Added new shell casing sounds for the XM1014.
- Added new shell insertion sounds for the M3.
- Fixed some of the HUD icons that were looking a bit different than the other ones.
- Added new HUD pain sprites.
- Added new muzzleflash for all of the weapons.
GUI CHANGES: - Modified the way the Multiplayer tab looks like in the settings.
TO BE DONE:
- Credit the authors of the various assets used in this mod.