Stargate: War Begins is a full conversion for the awesome tactical fleet simulator Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. We intend to recreate the feeling of the hit Sci-fi Tv shows Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe. Our goals are to implement all of the ships seen in the series, and the original Stargate movie, and to release a full single player campaign, with configurable ships, and all the oppurtunities Nexus can provide.
January 2018 update for Stargate: War Begins... after 6 years of being dead! It is a small update though.
January 2018 Update:
- Fully textured Goa'uld Station
- Higher quality damage texture
- Higher quality flare effect
- High polygon model for Mars
- Minor GUI improvements
- Cleared some old files
- Changed menu background to work with max resolution
- Various model fixes
- Minor gameplay improvements
- Mod added to Steam Workshop
2. Copy the Stargate Mod War Begins Beta folder into your X:\...\Nexus - The Jupiter Incident/mods folder.
3. Copy the Nexus Skirmisher folder to your skirmisher X:\...\Nexus - The Jupiter Incident/mods/Nexus Skirmisher folder and overwrite if prompted.
4. The use of skirmisher: You use it as before, but you have to select the "WarBeginsSkirmisher" Mission Type in the upper right corner of the program for your shields to work properly. IF YOU DON'T SELECT IT, SHIELDS WON'T WORK!
5. The use of the singleplayer/multiplayer mutator:In the Stargate Mod War Begins Beta Folder there are two new files: Mod to MP.bat and Mod to SP.bat. Press Mod to SP to turn it into Singleplayer and Mod to MP to turn it into multiplayer.
6. Playing Multiplayer: You need hamachi installed and you have to be online on one of our hamachi servers. You launch the mod, select join/start multiplayer server and select LAN. From there it's quite self-explanatory.
7. Have fun!