This is an updated version of the Soulstorm Bugfix mod by Maktaka with his permission. Pooling lots of fixes from the No-Brainer fix list thread along with more fixes from Reaper_R66, Soul_Reaver and Kasrkin84 to name but a few.
Updated to version 1.47b to fix an identified problem when playing the Necron tutorial. This is a fix for the Necron AI to make the Necron Lord able to transform into the Nightbringer. Uploaded with Soul_Reaver's permission.
This addon tries to at least partially bypass a problem created by Iron Lore when they added a second summoning option for the Necron Lord. To achieve this end it makes some significant (though primarily behind-the-scenes) changes in order to achieve it's goal, so it's offered as a separate, removable addon.
If you have any comments or suggestions about this addon, feel free to contact Soul_Reaver at email@example.com
This is a re-upload of the fix since there was a mistake in the naming of one of the folders.
What's the Problem with the Necron Lord AI?
In Dawn of War: Dark Crusade, the Necron Lord had only one 'transformation' ability: Essence of the Nightbringer. An AI Command, DoPossession, was available at the time for getting AI controlled Necron Lords to use this power.
However, in Soulstorm, Iron Lore introduced a second transformation, the Essence of the Deceiver. Unfortunately, the DoPossession AI command does not work if there are two possible transformations available, and no AI function was ever created to allow choosing between the two. As a result, AI-controlled Necron Lords in Soulstorm cannot use either transformation.
While it's impossible to fix the AI function, I have managed to create an 'AI-only' Necron Lord unit that only has the Nightbringer transformation available. This allows computer AI-controlled Necron Lords to use the DoPossession function to once again transform into the Nightbringer.
Can you Make Another Version of this Fix to have the Necron Lord AI use the Deceiver Transformation?
Why Make This A Separate Add-On
1) Creating this secondary, AI-only Necron Lord unit is a rather complicated fix. As such, there might be unforeseen bugs (though so far I haven't found any in my testing)
2) It removes the (nice looking) Necron Lord corpse initially already lying next to a Necron HQ before the Necron Lord is summoned (it was either this or leaving a permanent corpse located there)
Basically, since the fix makes some fairly big changes in the background and has a small known negative consequence, I thought it best to let players decide for themselves if they wanted to implement it.
What Does the Addon Actually Do?
This fix has three in-game effects:
1) Allows computer-controlled AI opponents to use the Summon Nightbringer ability
2) In games using the Assassinate win condition, prevents human players from using the Essence of the Deceiver transformation (this is actually a good thing - using Essence of the Deceiver in an Assassinate game will immediately lose the game. Try it if you don't believe me. Again, this is related to certain win condition function not being available)
3) Removes the initial Necron Lord 'corpse' lying next to a Necron player's Monolith at the start of a game
It does so by adding/replacing the following files in the Bugfix directory with newer, modified versions:
It should work with most versions of the Bugfix mod without any problems.