The aim of this mod is to add in the old locations from ShoC and Clear Sky, and to provide an enhanced and extended gameplay experience while (mostly) sticking to the vanilla storyline. At this point, the mod (v0.45 alpha)contains 37 locations total, approx. 200 weapons, lots of new armors, items, artifacts and anomalies.

Forum Thread
S.M.R.T.E.R. Pripyat v0.41 F.A.Q. (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : S.M.R.T.E.R. Pripyat : Forum : S.M.R.T.E.R. Pripyat F.A.Q. : S.M.R.T.E.R. Pripyat v0.41 F.A.Q.) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 8 2011 Anchor

Q: Where can I download S.M.R.T.E.R. Pripyat 0.41?
A:
main mod: Gamefront.com (also available at Thepiratebay.se )
weapons addon: Gamefront.com (fix for it: Uploaded.to)
options pack: Stalker.gamefront.com (fix for the compass: Rapidshare.com )
AtmosFear 3 compatibility patch: Moddb.com (you still need to download and install AtmosFear 3 before applying this patch)

Alternative links (in case filefront doesn't work for you)
main mod: Stalker.onlinewelten.com
weapons addon: Narod.ru (fix for it: Gamefront.com )
options pack: Narod.ru

Q: How to install the mod?

A: Simply put the gamedata folder into your Stalker main directory, i.e. C:\ProgramFiles\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat\
If you want to install one (or more) of the options, put those gamedata folders in that directory, too. Overwrite existing files when asked.

Q: None of the traders is selling the new weapons or outfits, did I do something wrong?
A: No, most of the new items are not being sold, you'll have to find them. They are hidden in green wooden boxes all around the levels.

Q: Whenever I load a save or change levels my crosshairs keep disappearing, is that a bug?
A: No, the mod is meant to be played without crosshairs, use your sights instead (or, if you feel you have to, reenable it using the options pack).

Q: I reenabled the crosshairs, but on some weapons it doesn't disappear at all, even when aiming down the sights, what can i do about that?
A: Open up the config file for the weapon in question (you can find them in gamedata\configs\weapons\) and change the line

Someone wrote: zoom_hide_crosshair = false

to

Someone wrote: zoom_hide_crosshair = true

Q: How can I get rid of the throwing knife and get the bolt back?
A: Simply delete (or rename) the file gamedata\configs\weapons\w_bolt.ltx

Q: The levelchanger at the Jupiter Underground
and some of the teleporters in Pripyat don't seem to work, am I doing something wrong?
A: No, the map just shows their locations in the wrong position. A fix for this is included in the options pack.

Q: I found a scope called "ars_scope_1" but it doesn't seem to fit any weapon?

A: That scope can only be attached to the M16.

Q: The Gauss texture seems to be missing, how can I fix that?

A: Go to gamedata\textures\wpn\ and delete the file wpn_gauss.seq

Q: The FN2000 has a silver texture, is it supposed to be like that?

A: No, that particular texture doesn't work in static lighting for reasons unknown. Either change the lighting in the options menu or, if you can only use static lighting, simply delete the file gamedata\textures\wpn\wpn_fn2000_new.dds

Q: Kardan seems to be unable to upgrade my exoskeleton so that I can sprint, any way to fix that?

A: That's not a bug, you simply need to find and bring him all the toolkits he requests (the sniper toolkit, too) so that he becomes an expert in upgrading stuff.

Q: I liked the vanilla ammo icons better, but I can't find an option for this in the options pack?

A: Download this file: Ul.to to restore the vanilla icons

Q: The new weapons are not animated when reloading, wtf?

A: I didn't know how to do that when i released v0.41, get the weapons addon and it's fix.

Q: The new compass is not aligned properly or not showing at all, how can I fix this?
A: the compass has it's own fix: Uploaded.to (alternative link: Mediafire.com )

you might still have to edit the zone_map.xml
manually because each resolution requires a different setting (and the
compass was made for 1920x1200 res)

change

<compass x="0.000" y="0.595" width="16" height="256" heading="1" alignment="c">

for 4:3 resolutions to read:

<compass x="0.090" y="0.595" width="16" height="256" heading="1" alignment="c">

and for 16:9 resolutions to read:

<compass x="-0.045" y="0.595" width="16" height="256" heading="1" alignment="c">

in any case some fine tuning of the 'x' value might be required.

Edited by: smrtphoneusr

Jan 24 2012 This post has been deleted.
Jan 29 2012 This post has been deleted.
Jan 29 2012 This post has been deleted.
Jan 30 2012 This post has been deleted.
Jan 30 2012 This post has been deleted.
Mar 4 2012 This post has been deleted.
Mar 4 2012 This post has been deleted.
May 26 2012 Anchor

What is the proper install order for the mod. I have all the files but i don't know exactly what order they install in

May 26 2012 Anchor

1. main mod
2. weapons addon
3. fix for the weapons addon

May 26 2012 This post has been deleted.
May 27 2012 This post has been deleted.
May 28 2012 This post has been deleted.
May 29 2012 This post has been deleted.
May 29 2012 This post has been deleted.
May 30 2012 This post has been deleted.
Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.