I have been laid down in a pit of darknesses and the shadow of death. And thy anger has pressed down upon me; and all thy cares have come down upon me. And from this bed I cry out for the kindling of thy Light!
This mod by veteran_gamer is an overhaul mod. See File/Full Details for more info.
SMOD OUTBREAK will be the best thing that has happened for half-life 2, since half-life 1. Ultimately the player shall decide if such a bold statement is true. It's not perfect, because I'm not perfect, I've also done all of this by myself, except for the last few months where I was blessed with some help, enabling me to include key game-play/visual features. I hope this brings enjoyment to many, bless all those who try it out, and I thank The Author for creating the ultimate source sandbox, SMOD, the king of Mods.
- Included installation instructions for our new-comers, WELCOME! :]
- Fixed addcontents, what an idiot, I had lost coast unchecked....could have caused possible issues with those who dont have it installed, so sorry folks, I havent slept much.
- Fixed widescreen issue, my sincere apologies!
- Disabled motion blur, because you guys were right, it looks like crap in vehicles.
- Fixed a few attachments on the BUGGY.MDL, where the pigeons chill at, is now proper, engine attachment is now aligned properly (for sound emitter), also, I remember someone mentioning not being able to see properly, so I raised the "player eyes" and hopefully the drivers view
should be much better, let me know
- Improved nightvision overlay
- Added/changed more particle effects for the better I'm sure
- Put back the old "spidercrab" model I used from...Tokotoko I think, as headcrab/headcrabfast/classic replacement, F those aliens
- Removed weapon_custom1, replaced with v_crowbar & w_crowbar, added a "swing" sound replacement
- Crowbar can now be thrown at the enemy with secondary attack
- Improved w_grenade.mdl, making it rounder looking, and lowering poly's a bit too, i dont know how i did it, but some accidents are great
- Restored original crossbow script
- Modified crossbow bolt to be longer and sharper
- Modified crossbow ammo to match crossbow bolt
- Modified original v_crossbowmodel to have the same model as crossbow bolt & ammo :D (ghetto, will fix later)
- Added Last used weapon in control config
- Fixed Combine_apc weirdness, I'm not sure if it was worth the time I spent doing this, but it was originally a little under 12,000 poly's, this was because it had full interior seating + steering wheel etc, which you can never see obviously. This is because it was meant for GMOD I imagine. So here I sat like a zombie (2 1/2 hours almost, wasted time, perhaps not) removing these things trying not to remove from the exterior, and blam, brought it down to almost half, a bit under 7K poly's. I also Adjusted and resized the physics collision model, and when I took a look at the texture, I also found it was 4.9mb I think. That is complete overkill, I resampled the .vtf and lowered its size to 683K, and it suffered ZERO loss in quality. Isnt that a nice story? Yeah shut up okay. Anyway, upon testing this damned thing, it seemed to preform fine, no flying, no problems. One of these days I will make gibs for it, if we even decide to keep it right?
So you all know, once this reaches to beta 0.05, I'm going to make it "full_client" or whatever, this is to keep file structure organized, file size to a minimum, and to finally move on to GAMEPLAY. I've really been dying to adjust...everything. Although physics & all that other shit are pretty good & satisfying, what I want is to give every weapon it's own little special traits. They kinda do already, but for the most part I've only focused on the visual aspect of this. Also, the MAPADDS (single player missions) need a LOT of work, yeah they are cool and all, they satisfy the need to blow stuff up, but...there is ALWAYS room for improvement, even when everything has been improved. With that said, I hope no more issues come up after this, and if they do, I give you my word I'll work on them until they are SOLVED. I'm glad for the most part everyone has been enjoying this from what I've seen. Thank you, god bless you, see you soon...real soon.
Time to sleep...oh...nevermind, the sun just came up & I have a really busy day, might as well not shower too.