Enjoy the classic broodwar game with improved mechanics, new units, upgrades, abilities, and lot of changes that will improve the gameplay and open new strategies and compositions to fight with.

Forum Thread
2.1 protoss shield battery&interceptor; cost (Games : StarCraft : Mods : SC Revolution Mod : Forum : General Discussion : 2.1 protoss shield battery&interceptor; cost) Locked
Thread Options
Jul 7 2017 Anchor

shield battery "auto recharge" nearby unit, would turn this structure from useless into wanted. Its only fair, compare to auto heal medic, auto repair scv and self healing zerg.

Carrier interceptors should require also 10 gas. To nerf this aircraft. Also to add some strategy into building fly's, there is no thought processing involve with creating interceptors. I always brainlessly top-up the carriers queue to max.

Jul 9 2017 Anchor

1. Yup, i would like to do some change to shield batteries. What i was planed long ago is that pylons can be upgraded (individually) to become shields batteries. Auto recharge will be a good feature.

2. Carriers already cost a lot. (350/250 +200/0 for 8 interceptors). The only reason i think that interceptors are buildable is that enemy can destroy them and will cost some resources to the carrier player... of course 25 mins is not a big deal. May be interceptor should be easier to destroy, so you can weaken carrier power by destroying their interceptors, And finish carriers when have low firepower. Also if the carrier survives the owner will have to spend 200 minerals to restock interceptors.

Other option will be increase interceptors cost, but makes carriers already have some interceptor when come out (lets say 4). so if interceptors cost 30/15 a full carrier will cost 350/250 +120/60. But each interceptor lost will signify more loss to the player

Jul 10 2017 Anchor
RavenWolf wrote:

... pylons can be upgraded (individually) to become shields batteries.

its interesting idea.
the battery "slot" would be taken by other structure then (to f.ex. grant access to another early unit)? or you just remove it like Academy?

Jul 14 2017 Anchor

Not for the moment, So will probably be removed if i made this implementation

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.