RCOM or 'Realistic' 'Combat' 'Overhaul' 'Mod' is a mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat that aims to bring in a greater emphasis on realism. After years of no development, I have returned to release a new version of RCOM as an addom to "Call of Chernobyl"

Forum Thread
SIG550 bug. (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : RCOM : Forum : delite : SIG550 bug.) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 1 2011 Anchor

Let me start off by saying that I've enjoyed the hell out of this mod so far.

Now onto worse news : I seem to have stumbled onto a bug.

I'm pretty sure this is the only weapons mod i have installed (99% sure), so I'm doubtful that this is some conflict with something else.

Anyways, problem is that the SIG550 (strelok's is the only one I've actually used, haven't tried with the plain one but they should be totally identical in the things that would possibly cause this) will shoot, but nothing comes out. I've tried shooting at point blank range, and nothing happens, though I know it's shooting as the animations and sounds all play and I eventually have to reload.

I think the problem is that the upgrade path I followed has managed to lower the bullet speed to 0 or less (which I imagine would make the bullet's essentially drop immediately at best). The reason I say this is that I'm fairly certain I took basically all the rate of fire increasing upgrades, which I believe all lower bullet speed (and the RoF on the gun is crazy.. the full clip is empty in about 4 seconds on full-auto). Given that I saw a bunch of the upgrades in the ltx file lowering bullet speed by a little over a quarter of what it starts at, this seems pretty likely. To add to it, removing the w_sig550.ltx and w_sig550_up.ltx files made the gun shoot normally again.

In case you're thinking "who is this guy telling me how my own stuff works!?", I understand, I'm not a modder myself, but I've spent more hours than i care to admit merging random crap together, checking the log files to fix crashes just to get this game working with whatever insanity i decided to put in it, so I have a pretty good understanding of how most of the stuff works, and I'm also a programmer, so I'm generally good at figuring out how such things work. I'd be more than happy to test any possible fixes or help in any other way with this, and I'm very much looking forward to the next release.

Mar 2 2011 Anchor

First off, thanks for the bug report. I'll find the problem and fix it; its most likely just a typo or oversight somewhere in a config file.

TheGazelle wrote: In case you're thinking "who is this guy telling me how my own stuff works!?"

I'm not thinking that in the slightest. I make mistakes, and this forum and helpful members like yourself help me discover and isolate those bugs.

TheGazelle wrote:
I understand, I'm not a modder myself, but I've spent more hours than i care to admit merging random crap together, checking the log files to fix crashes just to get this game working with whatever insanity i decided to put in it, so I have a pretty good understanding of how most of the stuff works, and I'm also a programmer, so I'm generally good at figuring out how such things work. I'd be more than happy to test any possible fixes or help in any other way with this, and I'm very much looking forward to the next release.

If you'd like to help test or help, there will be an internal BETA released sometime this winter/spring, depending on how smoothly and quick things go. It could be in a week, or in 2 months...hard to know as modding is a free time thing and the RCOM team can all go from getting major progress in 2 days, to getting almost nothing done in 2 weeks; all depending on what time allows. I will post an update on moddb once I've sent it to the other team members and am ready to gather some BETA testers. People that help already with bugs, like yourself, will get on the internal BETA testing team easily.

Mar 3 2011 Anchor

Cool, thanks. I'd be glad to help test the next version (especially if it's got all those new maps I've been reading about, that's really the only thing STALKER modding has been missing is ability to add that kind of content).

If you do happen to find what's causing this, would it be possible (assuming it's fairly simple and straightforward) to let me know what the fix is, as I'll just go and do that myself so I can actually get back to playing.

Mar 5 2011 Anchor

I haven't had a chance to look yet, as I've been trying to get the dynamic HUD features wrapped up right now. I can't say exactly when I'll be able to look into it.

And yes, those maps are going to be in the next internal BETA, and the public release afterward.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.