RCOM or 'Realistic' 'Combat' 'Overhaul' 'Mod' is a mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat that aims to bring in a greater emphasis on realism. After years of no development, I have returned to release a new version of RCOM as an addom to "Call of Chernobyl"

Forum Thread
Rcom 1.0.6 w/patch load fatal error (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : RCOM : Forum : delite : Rcom 1.0.6 w/patch load fatal error) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 22 2011 Anchor

Hello MacBradley and my local friend Predator :P

So I have a little error here, not sure if this is what you want. I have the rest available but I thought this might be what you guys need.
I downloaded your mod last night, installed it this morning, copied over the patch and it crashes everytime I try to load or start a new game.

Here's the log:

[error]Expression : !m_error_code
[error]Function : raii_guard::~raii_guard
[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrServerEntities\script_storage.cpp
[error]Line : 748
[error]Description : ...ll of pripyat\gamedata\scripts\level_weathers.script:66: attempt to index field 'periods' (a nil value)

If you need more let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Jan 23 2011 Anchor

Thanks for the bug feedback! :)

This was a bug when I first uploaded RCOM v.1.0.6 and I quickly re-uploaded it with a fix. That bug is one that occurred when I forgot to remove one script from my own personal ATMOSPFEAR merging test I did before release. This should work:

- Make sure you're download is from after the first couple days it was released on moddb.

- Make sure you completely delete or rename the gamedata folder currently used in your STALKER CoP folder, and THEN paste RCOM's gamedata folder in the directory.

- Patch #1 doesn't involve this crash, but you should install that anyway as it addresses most other crashes.

Jan 24 2011 Anchor

Thanks Macbradley!

Okay I haven't tried to rename/ create a new gamedata folder. Will do that now. Also this problem came to me after I installed the mod and patch #1. I'll let you know how it runs after I've tried what you said.

Jan 26 2011 Anchor

No problem. Make sure you run RCOM by itself with no other mods in the gamedata folder, before you try to merge anything else. :)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.