Welcome Back Commander!
PTS is back after a very long period of silence, and I’m glad to say that I’ve found the time again to work on the project and put things together for another release. Least to say, nothing happened for about a year and half after I made the first release back in 2016 due to some real-life obligations and studies I became occupied with. This left a lot of unresolved bugs and also left much to be desired.
As stated in the mod page, “V1.1 Will focus on bug fixes related to new content, and adjustments for the AI and present additions.” Further details are provided below.
The bulk of the development will focus on mainly fixing up the sizeable number of bugs that came with the first release (most especially with things like the Helix), as well as other things including:
- Fixing/adjusting many weapons, FXs and SFXs
- New additions finally having their own audio sets
- Recalibrating some new Special Powers to be more usable
- Properly improved AI
- Resolving the somewhat broken campaign that came with the first release
- A few more buildings/units/upgrades carried over from Zero Hour
While there is no actual set date for the next release, it’s still going to happen before the end of this year.
Now that the important generalities of V1.1 are set aside (you’ll see more of the specifics in future media), I’m going to briefly talk about some other tentative plans for now.
- It was one of my favorite aspects of the vanilla game, and there will be modifications to make the campaign more exciting/fun to play, and maybe even closer to its original beta iterations. While there will definitely be additions already along with the coming fix, Releasing the rest of the changes will come in a separate patch.
- I am also looking towards porting ZH maps over to Vanilla Generals in the future, along with the ZH Tech Structures (including unused ones!). Also looking into possibly adding more maps to play with. For now though, these ported/new Tech Structures will likely appear in the campaign for the next release. With regards to the AI having their own arsenal, this may come in the next version or not, depending on the time I have.
Regarding Other Things
- As you may denote from above, there will definitely be more than one release for this mod, but the future is mostly uncertain. What’s only surely certain is the next version (lol). I do want to see what else I can do with the game while always keeping the old original feel to it.
With regards to updating pattern, you can look towards something new being posted every week or every two weeks.
That’s all for now, thanks!