Project RDX is a mod based on the IDTech3 engine. The goal is to make the game more complex, and balanced between the "ol' school" and "realistic" games.
Release with many serious or trivial bugs fixed, and some attempts at performance improvement.
==HOW TO USE==
1) Extract the .zip file wherever you want.
2) Copy or symlink pak0.pk3 from either Quake 3 (demo or full) or Open arena into the q3rdx folder.
(q3rdx will be located inside the folder release-18-08 that you extracted from the .zip file.)
3) (Optional) Copy whatever pak file you want from Quake 3 or Open Arena into q3rdx.
4) Try it out.
> Many fixed bugs:
- MD5 animations now loaded properly without saturating the list
- Weapon mode bug mostly fixed (Proper visualization for ax moves and folding stock on the RP 9/40)
- Shotgun randomization partially fixed
- All items attached to a MD5 (Head, weapons...) now use a skeleton built only once, no matter how many there are. The goal is to extend this to animated surfaces.
- The RP 9/40's folding stock can now only be used if you get the weapon upgrade #1 (in case you didn't know, it's in setup->player->model, along with all the weapons and stuff)
If you spot a bug, please report it with as much detail as possible.
Any place is acceptable, but I've opened a forum for that purpose.
A list of known bugs has been written there. It will help if you check it before reporting.