PVKII Beta 0.4.1.2 Update Release Notes
This is a general update that features gore updates, balance changes, and other general fixes/updates.
Server owners, please update your servers!
- Bondi flatbow damage increased to 58 from 55
- Flatbow charge time reduced, and arrow drop reduced.
- Flatbow special now has an additional arrow
- Flatbow special damage per arrow reduced to 65 from 75
- Flatbow special now does stacking combo damage per consecutive arrow
- Bondi seax total damage upped to 46 from 45
- Bondi seax forward swing damage multiplier reduced to 1.0 from 1.2
- Bondi seax back swing damage multiplier reduced to 1.1 from 1.3
- Bondi seax left swing damage multiplier reduced to 1.0 from 1.2
- Bondi seax right swing damage multiplier reduced to 1.0 from 1.2
- Fixed unintentional Gestir javelin headshot nerf from 4.0
- Heavy Knight two handed sword swings faster with PVKII 2.2 era values
- New and updated gib/blood particles, as well as new underwater variants
- Generic gibs added (heart/liver/brain/etc)
- Can now dismember two legs at once based on random chance for specific two handed weapons
- Auto-balance now prioritizes players that have been on that team for the least amount of time instead of by connection time
- Increased the duration of auto-balance resistance to 10 minutes from 5
- Added Steam rich presence
Operating System Support:
- Windows XP/Vista no longer supported as Steam no longer supports these operating systems.
- This is one of, if not the last version of PVKII to support MacOS due to it going 64-bit only.
- Fixed client being able to execute commands with MapHacks
- Crash and crash exploit fixes
- Changed weapon_chest physics spawn flag into a key value. This should fix maps like bt_pumpkinraid with the player being unable to touch the chest
- Really fixed Bondi t-pose bug
- Man-at-Arms’ taunting achievement now properly accounts for all enemy classes
- Fixed some VGUI frame transparency issues
- Fixed some issues with trigger_jump not launching players properly
- Fixed Bondi dismemberment clipping\floaty gib bits and textures inside the model
- Fixed disabled team not working on listen servers
- Fixed City Merchant achievement being given to spectators if Knights win
- Fixed add-on manager dialog not requesting focus properly
- Fixed incorrect scheme colors in add-on manager dialog
- Fixed missing loading icon in add-on manager dialog
- Fixed “Bad pstudiohdr in GetSequenceLinearMotion()!” spew
- env_projectedtexture should now work properly
- Next and previous weapon selection will no longer try to select longbow, flatbow, and blunderbuss when they’re out of ammo
- Fixed whacky score count issue on booty if there are 0 chests in the map
For Level Creators/Mappers:
- Hammer can now preview .mp3, .ogg, and various other sound formats. Useful for ambient_fmod
- Ham health pickup has been brought back for mappers (item_food_med)
- trigger_jump can now be made to respond to players only
- Added “OnKeyTaken” output for item_key
- Added “OnPlayerDeath” output to trigger_hurt
- New trigger_chest entity that responds only to chests with unique outputs for touching while carrying or not carrying a chest
- Two new entities info_chest_remover and info_chest_spawner that can be used to add/remove chests and update the chest count properly
- Added OnPlayerThrow output for weapon_chest entity
- New info_team_scoring_indicator entity that can be used to specify where a scoring indicator should be (for chest zones)
- New info_map_cvar entity that can be used to set ConVars that will be properly reset when the map changes
- Can’t attack gibs or kick them by default, now behind option cl_gibs_attackable for performance reasons
- Added support for Discord game invites
- Rich presence now shows “Joining a server…” while players are connecting
- Removed big heads server option
- Players will now have a key icon above their head when carrying keys instead of glowing
- Keys will now glow
- Chests will now save their entity names when they’re picked up and will be restored when they’re dropped
- Significant improvements to ambient_fmod performance and loading, this should fix issues that could cause an infinite lag loop
- New startup option “-nofmod” to start the game without FMOD (used for main menu music, buttons, and other sound related things)
- mat_fullbright will now be reset to 0 on level shutdown. So if you transition from a map with no lighting to a map with lighting it works properly.
- PVKII-specific shaders have been updated to support flashlights (an effect that’s used by certain entities like env_projectedtexture)
Follow us on Trello.com" rel="nofollow">Trello for the latest development buzz, and as always, follow us on Facebook.com" rel="nofollow">Facebook and Twitter.com" rel="nofollow">Twitter for more updates.
Enjoy the update!