Notice: The mod summary is currently undergoing a complete change. Please check back on this later. We apologize for the confusion this might cause for people checking the Mod page without reading this in the past. Things to note about the mod: This is a zombie mod, this means the modification is intended for a more mature audience, as there is plenty of violence. Please feel free to check our ModDB forums and give your own input on the mod at anytime now or in the future. We do check it constantly.

Forum Thread
Late January 2010 update (Games : Battlefield 2 : Mods : Operation Dead Dawn : Forum : Public Updates : Late January 2010 update) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 25 2010 Anchor

I've been spending time with my 3 month old Nephew and 5 year old Niece for the past week so not a lot has gotten done recently. However we worked out how we want our first campaign mission to be. Kudos to Uber for awesomely getting his end setup quick even though he has probably been busy with GC lately.

What's New?
My favorite new side project for OPDD before I got distracted with family was the car we decided to add. We assumed in a worst case senario all the civilians would have left in their nice clean new cars or stolen other peoples. Therefore the only car we could possibly add is a run down fixer-uper. So what was once Uber's model of a nice purty BMW 2002 became quite special. We have a dangling bumper and a door that doesn't quite close and swings on it's hinges when you turn. Gears grind as you get up to speed and has a little bit of a backfire on startup. Overall, the car is beautiful in a really messed up junky sort of way.

Other than that I wrote the script for Mission 1 then rewrote it a bit nicer and with a few less typos the other day. Now we just need to make some final touches and make some recordings. Not only that but the end will have a cutscene which we majorly look forward to having but the making process is going to be a bit on the hard side and if anything we will most likely have to pause to make a completely seperate movie making minimod with some camera placements and greenscreen setups to make the cutscene look "movie quality"

Also with the new cutscene I hope to have a new song. I've got some awesome people willing to help me on that in their free time and while I have not heard a demo of it, the concept behind the short song sounds completely awesome. (Which of course I will leave you hanging on.

Anyways, don't forget to give us some feedback. Just remember any feedback is good whether it is positive or negative. As long as you describe why you like or hate something, it gives us a good idea what could be changed/added/removed.
Nighthawk.powerchaos.info
We really appreciate all the support we have gotten for Operation Dead Dawn, and hope you guys are going to enjoy the first campaign mission. I can't wait to get some feedback on that.

Edited by: CrazyIvan1745

Jan 27 2010 Anchor

Thanks Ivan.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.