Notice: The mod summary is currently undergoing a complete change. Please check back on this later. We apologize for the confusion this might cause for people checking the Mod page without reading this in the past. Things to note about the mod: This is a zombie mod, this means the modification is intended for a more mature audience, as there is plenty of violence. Please feel free to check our ModDB forums and give your own input on the mod at anytime now or in the future. We do check it constantly.

Forum Thread
June Update2 2010 (Games : Battlefield 2 : Mods : Operation Dead Dawn : Forum : Public Updates : June Update2 2010) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 18 2010 Anchor

Well this is just a little heads up about shaders hehe. Turns out there's a bug somewhere in there which makes it only work on Radeon cards - so rather than try to find what went wrong, I'll just remake it and be careful every step of the way. Honestly it was probably the smooth shadows, because nVidia cards have a built-in shadow system which I'd completely forgotten about - so I probably broke it, haha. When I remake it, I'll be very careful to make sure the changes apply to Radeon cards only! So far the vehicles and weapons shader has been remade and is better than ever (some nice new lighting effects that should actually be just about the same speed as the normal BF2 shaders - good news for those with less powerful computers). Anyway, I did like the water and the shadows of the old shader, but I think it was one of those which caused the bug anyway. The waves and foam worked nicely though, so they'll be back later on.

I'm afraid I don't have a screenshot to show you just yet, but I'll post one in the screenshots section maybe tomorrow. That's all for this update, or maybe I'll post a bit more later as I make some progress on the NEW new shaders. It's going faster than last time anyway...

Edited by: UberWazuSoldier

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.