Notice: The mod summary is currently undergoing a complete change. Please check back on this later. We apologize for the confusion this might cause for people checking the Mod page without reading this in the past. Things to note about the mod: This is a zombie mod, this means the modification is intended for a more mature audience, as there is plenty of violence. Please feel free to check our ModDB forums and give your own input on the mod at anytime now or in the future. We do check it constantly.

Forum Thread
June Update1 2010 (Games : Battlefield 2 : Mods : Operation Dead Dawn : Forum : Public Updates : June Update1 2010) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 1 2010 Anchor

I'm currently out of town for awhile but on June 13th I will be able to at least continue some work, Until I get home on July 1st. The plan is to have the next update for OPDD ready before July. and honestly it shouldn't be hard to pull off. On a side note during this trip I have been putting the OPDD plot down on paper. I can't say exactly how long the campaign will be but I hope to make it not too long (to avoid a large mod size) while at the same time tell a great story that I have been working on for awhile now. If I had to estimate the amount of campaign missions I would guess around 10 at the least. I already have the first 5 levels planned, and I realized that between a few levels I don
t even need a cutscene, which would cutdown on modsize a bit more as far as campaign.

Still there is plenty more work to be done on the mod. Uber has been continuing to optimize the shaders in ways I never imagined. For example now the shadows are rendered a little better to not look so pixelated. Hopefully, this will not hurt people with lower end PCs but that has yet to be tested.

Also, I may change the description of the mod slightly in the future to fit the story a bit better to what I have planned. I'm still working on that though (It's hard to write a summary about a story without spoiling anything. Can't wait to get the campaign in full swing so we can call this mod a full release.

-CrazyIvan1745
CrazySoldiersProductions

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.