Notice: The mod summary is currently undergoing a complete change. Please check back on this later. We apologize for the confusion this might cause for people checking the Mod page without reading this in the past. Things to note about the mod: This is a zombie mod, this means the modification is intended for a more mature audience, as there is plenty of violence. Please feel free to check our ModDB forums and give your own input on the mod at anytime now or in the future. We do check it constantly.

Forum Thread
End of Febuary Update 2010 (Games : Battlefield 2 : Mods : Operation Dead Dawn : Forum : Public Updates : End of Febuary Update 2010) Locked
Thread Options
Feb 28 2010 Anchor

Things have still been relatively slow lately with BFBC2 coming up. Some of our time has gone to finding out if BFBC2 is moddable. (Which Uber did an excellent job in helping decode the file types.) Another small bit of Uber's time has gone to Georgian Conflict. My time has been scattered everywhere. I intend to see this mod to the end (mostly because I love it), and while I may have to take a few days off to lead my BFBC2 clan to victory at tournaments and such, I will still be putting more time than most realize into OPDD.

Uber puts a massive amount of work into OPDD almost every day already and while we are at a little pot hole at the moment I know we will get over it. Mission 1 is nearly complete. I did a few fine tunings the other day with the airstrike visuals. Then I sat down and once again attempted 3DS Max. Honestly I'm getting the hang of it, but currently I still have to rely on awesome Uber to get the hard stuff done. Currently I am working on more static dead bodies to make that more death feel to mission 1.

There is still much to be done. and I can't wait to get started on other missions, but mission 1 just defines the game and has to be done as well as possible.

Recently me and Uber agreed to some major changes to the mod. We have yet to implement them, but it won't be too much of a hassle. First off, we are going to reduce the darkness filter slightly to give you more visual. Now before you celebrate let me mention the other change. No more crosshairs. Removing crosshairs adds a much more desperate feel to the game when your shooting. It also teaches you to use the iron sights a lot more. I may keep crosshairs for the Grenade Launcher only because it is a bit too hard to use without them.

Thank you all for your patience, I really hope everyone loves this mod once it has more of a full release. I'll try and make another update next week sometime.

For anyone having problems with the mod. Please contact me. you can find my contact details in the Mod's Readme.

CrazyIvan1745
-CrazySoldiersProductions

P.S.
Don't anger the zombies... they strike when you least expect them to.

Mar 7 2010 Anchor

Thank you for the update, will we expect another release soon?

Mar 11 2010 Anchor

I'll have to get back to you on that but I believe we are getting close to a new release. The end cutscene for Mission 1 is quite a hard thing to film. and that is holding us back quite a bit.

Mar 16 2010 Anchor

okay thanks.

Mar 24 2010 Anchor

Thank you~ Ivan~ and your team~I can't wait for the new release~

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.