Hello everyone, we’d just like to inform you that our community member jfm created an automatic mountfix installer, big thanks to him!
Please note that it is not created by the OC team and we do not take responsibility for any damage it might do to your system.
It comes in 2 versions, one with a full OC installer included and one with just the mountfix.
Please make sure .NET Framework 4.5 is installed and you're running at least Windows Vista, XP is not supported.
Zipped versions, for those that want them:
- Full client zipped (requires running mountfix manually)
- Full server zipped (requires running mountfix manually)
So how does it work and what does it do?
- Before installing, make sure you have SDK Base 2007 and all the games you want to mount installed and fully working in Steam.
- Now, you either just run the full installer, which will execute the mountfix.exe once it’s done installing OC, or
- place the mountfix. exe in your existing Steamapps/Sourcemods/Obsidian folder, run it, either type "client" or "server" and hit enter.
The server part installs and configures a basic server config setup for first time server admins and requires a login.
The login is required for SteamCMD and is NEVER stored.
For more information and credits, check this Readme.
Please note that the mountfix can take a long time to complete and it may seem like nothing is happening at all. Don’t close the window, this is normal! The window will close once it’s done.
What the mountfix does is it first scans for your installed games, extracts the content from their depositories and then creates symlinks in your steamapps\common\Source SDK Base 2007 folder.
This process is very hard disk-heavy and thus can take a long time to complete.
This also doubles the disk space taken for each installed, mountable game since the files now exist twice; once in the normal Steam depositories and once as unpacked files which OC can read.
We are still working on a proper hotfix, but until then, this is a good stop-gap measure if you or your friends want to get into some OC action right now.