A massive-scale total conversion based on the New Republic and New Jedi Order eras, and the Star Wars Expanded Universe.
The Yuuzhan Vong have arrived! Conquer the galaxy as the fearsome invaders, or push them back in six historical GCs showing the collapse of the New Republic.
Fall of the New Republic (NJO 0.5)
Six historical GCs, from the last conflict between the New Republic and the Imperial Remnant, to the Yuuzhan Vong's capture of Coruscant and the FALL OF THE NEW REPUBLIC.
Four playable factions: Yuuzhan Vong, Empire, New Republic and Corporate Sector Authority. Existing factions from the last release totally overhauled.
Countless subfactions for the main playable factions and an indigenous build system.
Hundreds of new units, heroes and space stations from the New Jedi Order period.
A new era system, projectile system and many new planets and maps.
New features including dovin basals, civilian ships in space battles, and semi-randomised space station ship spawns.
+ TONNES more.
Installation (retail/disk version)
You must have a clean install of Empire at War/Forces of Corruption.
1. ESSENTIAL: Download Imperial Civil War 2.15 (NOTE the version, *2.15*, not the newest release). You can find the download here: Moddb.com
2. Install Thrawn's Revenge into the mod folder of your Forces of Corruption installation.
3. Download Fall of the New Republic (NJO 0.5).
4. The Fall of the New Republic (NJO 0.5).RAR item you've downloaded is a compressed .RAR file. Now you need to extract the files within. To do this you need WinRAR (download for free here if you don't have it: Rarlab.com). Use WinRAR to extract the files.
5. You should now have a folder called 'Fall of the New Republic (NJO 0.5)'. Within you'll find a folder called 'Data'. Cut and paste this 'Data' folder over the 'Data' folder in the Imperial Civil War installation you made earlier. Click 'YES' when asked if you want to overwrite fileS.
6. Rename the 'Imperial_Civil_War' folder to 'NJO_FOTNR'.
7. Install the patch: Moddb.com
(Optional 8. if you'd like a desktop icon for the mod, you can use 'NJOicon' in the Data folder. If not you can launch as normal via Steam in the in-game FoC menu, or through a mod launcher if you have the disk version.)
STEAM WORKSHOP: Steamcommunity.com
None of this would be possible without the many modders who have shared art assets with me.
First thanks to the Thrawn's Revenge team for the incredible mod they have built over many years, on which the NJO Compilation mod is developed.
This release owes particular thanks to the Vong Invaders mod for the excellent art assets that have totally overhauled the Yuuzhan Vong faction in this release. It is a dramatic improvement in the range of their rosters and the quality of the units I can add for them.
The permission of Nomada to use Alliance mod assets has massively improved every faction's roster. A big thank you.
There are units in NJO from YVAW, ROTM, the Remake mod and z3r0x (whose old Vong models got this mod started in the first place!) Thanks to Sly442 for the Brahatok, and redtachi for the generic lander - which has enabled much more variety in the land transports. I have tried to credit every model, please let me know if I haven't credited your work!
Thank you to them all. None of this would be possible without their generosity!
This mod is a custom modification and was neither created nor is it supported by the Thrawn's Revenge team. The Thrawn's Revenge team is not responsible for any negative effects from installing these files nor can they be held responsible for fixing any issues which arise from them.
Please report any bugs here on ModDB so that I can address them. I am not currently aware of any outstanding issues.