Over the years I have lost interest in making mods but I will return to modding sooner or later so expect near the core 2 to be released sometime in the future. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "NEAR THE CORE 2" is a remake of the original "NEAR THE CORE 1" but this time the remake will still be focusing on this "CORE" but the maps will be different and there will be more engaging combat sequences. -Lambda Studio

Forum Thread
Poll: What would you like to see in the next Dev Log? (0 votes)
Dev Log #01 (5/2/2020) (Games : Half-Life 2 : Mods : NEAR THE CORE 2 (Discontinued for now) : Forum : Dev Log : Dev Log #01 (5/2/2020)) Locked
Thread Options
May 2 2020 Anchor

DEV LOG #01

On 5/2/2020 development on the current "Near The Core" game is currently in progress... I do not know if I will ever release the mod but what I do know is that it will not be an expansion to "Near The Core 1" but instead it's a new game with an official Story & documents of lore and cut content however the current problem that we are struggling with is "MAP DESIGN" to start off I am not a talented mapper nor am I a good mod maker however over the past month or two I have been experimenting with the "VALVE HAMMER EDITOR" as I am trying to figure out the differences between thing's like what does "func_[EXAMPLE]" do? While I experiment with entities I am slowly focusing on terrain and the overall ambiance that the game has however most of the map's are sort of terrible and they may be scrapped and turned into more detailed and beautiful maps however at the moment I am working with what I have.

What I am working with:
1 Developer (ME)
0 Support
Barely any experience in mod/map making

I hope you have a nice day... -Lambda Studio

Edited by: LambdaManager

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.