We can't go into all the details at this time, but we can tell you this:
- It will be a retail game.
- It will be developed on Unity engine.
- It will be cross platform with a Windows and Linux server and Windows, Mac and Linux clients.
- It will have a new storyline (for legal reasons, we can't use any HL2 storyline or content)
- With a central database, your suits will be playable across all servers.
- It will be released exclusively on Steam.
- It will be a spiritual successor to Modular Combat but it will include the same gameplay and many new features.
We are currently working on a feature limited playable demo. We don't know when it will be finished, but we hope within the next couple of months.
When we're ready to announce the Kickstarter campaign we will also reveal more about the game. So stay tuned and brush up on your Modular Combat skills because Modular Combat 2 will be even more chaotic!
P.S. We're so serious about this, myself and Archer even formed a company: Ascension Entertainment LLC