Metal-Tech is a Quake III Arena modification file with the best files selection Includes new textures and graphics selected from many different origins, like Chilli Quake XXL, Q3PLUS and others files and modifications this will give a much better looking for your Quake III and is can be used in many game modes, modifications and applications Many of this new characteristics are from others creators and some other files are original made by G-n3riK Productions This is the best looking for Quake III Arena than only Metal-Tech can give you Enjoy!!!
This is a lite version of the metaltech 2.0 mod that I(ReaperAA) have created which removes some unwanted things from original mod. Read description for details.
This is a lite version of the metaltech 2.0 mod that i created which has following changes from original mod
- Removed the extra maps from the package for those who don't want them. They can be separately downloaded from "http://sst13.de/" and "https://lvlworld.com/"
- Removed the map icons from the packages because another mod ([HQQ] High Quality Quake) has them covered.
- Removed the small icons (weapons, health, armor, powerup icons) because they don't work with CPMA mod. [HQQ] High Quality Quake has alternate icons.
- Place the "pak_metal-tech-lite.pk3" file inside baseq3 folder of quake 3 directory
- This is a standalone addon/mod. So you don't need original MetalTech mod.
- Recommended to use the mod [HQQ] High Quality Quake "https://www.moddb.com/mods/high-quality-quake" alongside MetalTech lite.
Other Recommended mods:
- High resolution texture pack (xcsv_hires.zip) available at "https://ioquake3.org/extras/replacement_content/"
- ZTM's flexible/aspect correct hud available at "https://clover.moe/flexible-hud-for-ioq3/"
G-n3tiK Productions for creating the metalpack 2.0 mod from following sources
- High Definition Weapons (from Chili Quake XXL)
- High Quality Textures (from Chili Quake XXL)
- New Sources menu and gameplay (from Quake 3 Arena Lost and Q3PLUS)
- New menu looks (from XXL Chilli Quake, Quake 3 Arena Lost and other original works of Metal-Tech)
- Map Selection (maps are downloaded from sources LVL:: .. and q3a.ath.cx)
- 1 new skin for 5 Quake III Arena Models
- New effects and banners created by MikeMartin
- New icons for players and items (from Chilli Quake 3 and Quake XXL High Definition Patch)
Credits for [HQQ] High Quality Quake goes to ZerTerO