Current Release 3.57 - Mod is 200 Mb download and uncompressed to 550mb. Use Freelancer Mod manager 1.3 to install.

Forum Thread
tracylawton123 - Trying to get the flmm to work (Games : Freelancer : Mods : MD's Freelancer Rebalance : Forum : Support (archived) : tracylawton123 - Trying to get the flmm to work) Locked
Thread Options
Tanjitsu
Tanjitsu Rebalance Admin
Jun 21 2010 Anchor

tracylawton123 Jun 17 2010, 9:45pm says:
I've been having some problems trying to get the flmm to work. I was able to download the mod, place it in the flmm; however, when I try to activate it, I get this error message: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Rebalance 3.56\playtype.bat' to 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\playtype.bat'). I looked in the program files and couldn't find an original playtype.bat file in the original game. So, now what?

I was also wondering, and I know that this will take some time to do, if I could copy/cut and paste the files from the mod to the game and make it work that way. I seem to get the idea that the flmm is meant to keep from actually HAVING to do this, but, I REALLY want to play this mod. I beat the original game, and am having a hard time justifying continuing...since all you really do is acquire more money and xp...to what end? Hence the desire to play the mod.

FYI, I'm pretty new at the whole mod thing, I'd never even knew that mods existed until about 2 weeks ago, so basic english directions really would be appreciated.

email me at ********@yahoo.com if the directions are longer than can be posted here.

THANKS!!

Tanjitsu Jun 17 2010, 10:19pm replied: To tracylawton123

Check the tutorials for a basic guide on installs.
sent u an email with some info on your post.

tracylawton123 Jun 19 2010, 12:44pm says:
thanks, got email, am downloading the newest version, and we'll see what happens. I have uninstalled FL, and haven't played it again, so I don't have any saved data to delete...now just waiting for the mod install...

Edited by: Tanjitsu

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.