Current Release 3.57 - Mod is 200 Mb download and uncompressed to 550mb. Use Freelancer Mod manager 1.3 to install.

Forum Thread
panzer225 - jitter-bug (Games : Freelancer : Mods : MD's Freelancer Rebalance : Forum : Errors (archived) : panzer225 - jitter-bug) Locked
Thread Options
Tanjitsu
Tanjitsu Rebalance Admin
Jun 21 2010 Anchor

NUMBER ONE QUESTION-WHY DO ALL TRANSPORTS,1250 units to
5000 unit range, jitter-bug when flying in CRUISE-MODE??!!??

Jul 1 2010 Anchor

panzer225 here-I've been playing Freelancer Rebalanced since Sept.2008-I've downloaded 3.20-the start of good freelancer mod!! Downloaded 3.5 and things are getting better!!Rebalanced 3.55 WAS AND STILL IS the BEST WORK to date!!!Rebalanced 3.56 Rc1 to Rc4 are getting worse and worse.Stability has gone from 1 CTD every 8 to 10 hours,with Rebalanced 3.55-usually when trying to use the jump-gate from Bering-Honshu and visa-versa to 107 CTD's using Rebalanced 3.56 Rc4 (the one with both patch 1&2 included in download,everything from undocking from Freeport 4 in Maggellen to trying to go thru just about any jump-gate!!!Seems to get worse after getting to level 10..still can't use the bering-honshu jump-gate,and one time,the LAST TIME on Rebalanced Rc4 full,I took the Kepler jumphole in Leeds and ENDED UP IN OMICRON DELTA !!!!!!Have gone back to your BEST WORK-REBALANCED 3.55 full AND HOPE YOU WILL-#1. Finally complete the Rebalancing of Rhienland,putting ships at all stations ,with faction favorites.#2. FINALLY FIX THE BERING-HONSHU JUMP-GATE.I've downloaded and played ALL OF THE BEST SINGLE PLAYER MODS-#1.rebalanced 3.55 #2.Discovery 4.84-4.85 #3.Freelancer:THE NEXT GENERATION 2.65-2.76 #4.Phoenix 1.o4-1.05 #5.Freelancer XLR-05 BETA#6.Crossfire 1.71-1.81.THE BEST IS YET TO COME-MAYBE IN 2012-2013!!!

Tanjitsu
Tanjitsu Rebalance Admin
Jul 1 2010 Anchor

Sweet thx for moving into the forums Panzer ;)

As Rebalance history seems a little lost in time ill clarify some points for you.

1.Pre 3.56 Rebalance was made by MD and a few community members.
It was made starting back in like 03/04 and when modding began as is still the case now, freelancer was trial an error.

All Rebalance releases from 0 - 3.55 were only made as single player compatible.

The reason they were only single player was not cos of the mechanics of the mod or because people didnt play mp.
it was purly because thats what MD wanted to work on single player, and it was easier as errors were not shown to the public as obviously.
Multiplayer is alot more fussy about modding and kicks up all the errors + more, but still leaves various ones only shown on initialisation.

If you boot up a 3.55 server it wont last 20 mins.
3.56 can be played for hours in MP.

Take any ini and compare 3.55 to 3.56 the no. of errors fixed is in the millions.
I spent 8 hours a day for a month to remove all the basic coding errors.

"3.55 WAS AND STILL IS the BEST WORK to date!!! " <-- take alook inside and ull see a very different story.
Its like me saying Vista was a miles better operating system than 7.
Crazy, yes 3.55 does work ! but no, its a very long way from working.
The only thing missing from 3.56 that is in 3.55 is the clusters
(except the lack of start choices in the script "changed infavour of ingame start choices and character editor" )
The rest is all back in the latest release, people keep mentioning me removing ships, the only ships removed were model files
that were not being used ingame. .cmp files for ships take up space in the mod, so any not being used are usless to players.
I removed them so they can either be added in later or left out for smaller download.
Anyone complaining about ships missing ingame either needs to search more or raise there rep with correct faction.
Ships were repositioned but all packages are being sold.

3.56 is not getting worse with each release, its actually getting closer to being a worthy mod with code that works
and doesnt just relay on single player ignoring all the errors and just showing what is coded correct.

the things u mention as worse are problems in the mod that were removed till they get fixed so they dont cause problems
or are just simply things that appear when one thing is fixed it throws off the next problem in the line.
Rebalance still needs an ingame over haul, ive said this from the start of 3.56, all of 3.56 has mainly been fixing the base code so
future content and fixes work and are not full of errors. The content i have added was so old players atleast get something they can see thats new and different to spice it up. Id love to add in new ships, but the ones in the mod atm arnt working so fixes before additions :D

If you experiancing crashes than please try and pinpoint them.
it maynot just be a mod issue as i have had simialar posts on here about CTD but also many who play fine.

We are all aware RB is miles from finished but need support too do it.
and please dont spam old versions to people.
alot of people dont know about mods and i dont wana confuse them,
if u prefer 3.55 then play 3.55 but if u wana point people then point them too the version that is supported
and does have decent code and is being updated.

Edited by: Tanjitsu

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.