Current Release 3.57 - Mod is 200 Mb download and uncompressed to 550mb. Use Freelancer Mod manager 1.3 to install.

Forum Thread
character editor won't unactivate in FLMM 1_3 (Games : Freelancer : Mods : MD's Freelancer Rebalance : Forum : Support (archived) : character editor won't unactivate in FLMM 1_3) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 22 2010 Anchor

I am having a heap of trouble with the mod now.
I have uninstalled Freelancer, FLMM and the mod plus both patches 5 times so far today.
Every time I reinstall everything then carry the mod across to FLMM it comes up with both the mod and character already activated with a green tick, doesn't let me choose options then CDT as soon as I try to playgame.
When I deletead it all and started for the 5th time I double clicked the mod instead of carrying it across to FLMM and this time only the character editor had a green tick, tried to unactivate it FLMM said error anc couldn't so activated mod chose my prefared options.
Started new game flew to Nomad Ice Base got rep flew to Nomad ship yard bought Nomad fighter, saw it had CD/Torpedo mount, thanks ever so much for adding that.
Flew through to Ney York sys go to Rochester base went to bar spoke to bar tender, no writing at all in dialogue box.
Looked at weapons etc to buy no names just ids ? on them.
Took a mission against Xeno's killed them all but when looked at loot etc no names just numbers, loots distance from ship I guess.
F1 to main menu.
Uninstalled everything, deleated then re installed everything same thing.
Started new game but as soon as undock from faction control noticed no gates or ship yards have names only numbers, distance from ship.
I don't understand it, the first mod worked apart from cargo CDT, added first patch all worked apart from Steroid miner CDT, tried to add second patch FLMM wouldn't allow it. so deleated mod and both patches, downloaded the new version of the mod with patches 1&2 included and now can't get game to load/work properly ?
What am I doing wrong ?

Tanjitsu
Tanjitsu Rebalance Admin
Jun 22 2010 Anchor

Hmm does sound strange,
the already ticked green means modmanager thinks u still have the mod activated.
if you have just done a fresh install so the mod isnt active then at the top of mod manager just tick restore backups.
this will deactivate the mod in mod manager and set files in freelancer to default.
since u have just install a fresh nothing will be changed in Fl just deactivated in the mod manager.
u should then be able to activate as normal.

this is prob due to save games folders in \My Documents\My Games\Freelancer\accts\
try moving your mp sp folders out of there to your desktop, install then return them to keep your saves.

the changes in Rc4 mean the DLL files usually held in the main mod are now installed during the character editor activation instead.
so if you havent actually installed the character editor since a fresh install then all names / iDS ingame will be missing.

FLMM cant tell if u already have the mod active, it just goes of its own history of activate/dectivate./
so id guess u installed a fresh with out remembering to deactivate the mod first so mod manager thinks u still have the mod activae :)

let me know if this doesnt help ;)

Edited by: Tanjitsu

Jun 22 2010 Anchor

Hi Tanjitsu,
Thank's for your much appreciated help, all seems to be working now.
Still getting the odd CDT or 2, just had 2 CDT's in a row.
When taking misions from Rochester as soon as I tried to leave base CDT but once I restarted game and load auto save it lets me continue and complete misson.
Took second mission exactly same thing. CDT then OK when load auto save.
Also had random CDT when jumping from Colarado back into NY sys.

Flying Nomad fighter with Nomad CD and 1 nomad Blaster canon 2 nomad lasers mounted with baiscthruster, Nomad engine and Nomad shield so not sure if its anything toi do with the loadout or just my PC.

Again many thank's for the CD mount was able to kill 2 Condors near unknown Jump Hole after buying CD and light tractor beam on Primus, both tried to cruise away neither did, makes it much more enjoyable now.
Cheers

Hi again,
CDT everytime I try to leave Rrochester either on mission or simply just try to leave ?

Tanjitsu
Tanjitsu Rebalance Admin
Jun 23 2010 Anchor

K will add to Error list section for tracking.

need to keep lists of errors for fixing when and if i have chance.
the mod is now at the stage were its the ingame errors i will be fixing !

So all the players posting errors as specific as possible will allow me to track and hopfully fix them ;)

i tried Rochester several times in diff ships no CTD,
i tired in nomad and on route to Rochester server hung, so im guessing its a random error prob caused by another ship in liberty.

Hard to track as its not shown by server.
Flew second time from nomad start to rochester docked undocked several times took mission all worked fine.

So the crash seems to be caused by something else in the Li01 system.

Jun 25 2010 Anchor

Hi Tanjitsu,
Played Liberty char, flew around NY and Iowa no problem, bought Gladius everything OK till 1 CDT when tried to leave NY and enter Texas sys so I guess there is something only causing CDT in NY.
Played Rhinland all way through to level 40 no problems whatso ever, tried many ships and load outs everything worked great.
Love the fast cruise speeds especially for trading to level up.
Again a great mod and great effort from you.
Many many thanks

Tanjitsu
Tanjitsu Rebalance Admin
Jun 26 2010 Anchor

Shweet Bluecloud good to hear ;)

Getting to the point now were i need moslty player feed back to fix remaining errors to know you got to lv 40 with out a crash is awsome.
i will try an track down libertys remaining problem but i fear its an NPC ship is never easy to find :D

Wasnt sure about the engine speeds but am going to play with a few bits to spice up game play.
looking at rebuilding a few systems but i dont wana do too much adding while fixes are still needed :D
Anyways enjoy it an keep feeding back :)

Jun 26 2010 Anchor

Hi Tanjitsu,
Plaing Breonia Char.
Only had 1 CDT, in Manchester Sys,was Level 13, I got greedy, I completed a mission against Mollys got mission success,
Saw there were still 2 Bretonin gunboats there after mission so went to attack them, I fired on gunboat got CDT.
Loaded autosave, replayed mission, killed all Mollys got mission success then left Gunboats alone no CDT.
Level 32 at the moment now found no other CDT's since that one.

Only a suggestion Tanjitsu,
But often the loot, especially expensive misiles and mines give too many credits and level me up way too easily, I have often ended up with over 1,000,000 credits just from loot,
Nice to get weapons and shileds etc I can't afford yet in fights when at lower levels, but many times I've not even fired a shot, especially near battles raging, and scoped up huge amounts of expensive missiles and mines.
Great help for anyone wanting to buy a capital ship or level up quickly so if this is the reason please ignore the suggestion below.

Maybe you could either remove all the loot with values over 1000 credit, or lower the amount of loot to just a couple of them making it harder and more fan and challenging to level up.
As I say Tanjitsu, this is still the best mod I've played as it is.

Tanjitsu
Tanjitsu Rebalance Admin
Jun 26 2010 Anchor

Cool cool, yeah man its top on my list of "improvments"
like someone on starport posted the other day Rebalance is far from balanced.
its because so many peeps worked on it and no one did an over all rebalance its way off.
plus me making gear drop on death and npc's being slow to ninja it means money is easy.

i raised the cost of some items as and when i edited them, i also increased the gaps for levels in the defined worth = lv file.
but items need a sort over just as much as ships. weapons need to be balanced and things need to be given more purpose.
atm things are slightly randomly placed so id like to see things having more of a home, gives people reason to explore.

Ill look into the gunboat issue nice too see you got it down to that should make it easier to find :D

Jun 27 2010 Anchor

Hi Tanjitsu,
deffinately a gunship problem.
I finished Bretonia char level 40 no other cdts.
Been playing Kusari level 35, went on mission against Hoogasha, while fighting still in mission attacked gunboat and immediate CDT, they were bretonia gunboats same as Molly Mission in Machester, it could just be something with Bretonia gunboats in missions.
I will kep playing through to level 40.
Will try to get missions with other gunboats in and see if same happens.

Sounds like you have some great plans for future updates or versions of the mod, its going to keep us all playing it for a long time to come.

Hi Tanjitsu,
A few Pirate Char CDTs I've found so far.
Tried to play pirate char got a few CDT while just starting to level up.
CDT when trying to use jump hole from sigma 19 to sigma 13.
CDT when trying to use jump hole from Kepler to Colarado.
CDT's when trying to leave Rochester base on mission, restarted gamme then CDT when just trying to undock from Rochester same as with Nomad fighter a few days ago.
I hope these help.
have a great day.
cheers

Tanjitsu
Tanjitsu Rebalance Admin
Jun 27 2010 Anchor

Awsome posted Bluecloud thx dude ;)

Jun 27 2010 Anchor

Hi Tanjitsu,
Got a couple of hours spare so playingPirate Char.
Found some more Pirate char. CDT's for you.
CDT after CDT trying to leave Rochester Base both with or without taking missions, tried in both Bloodhound start ship and Ferret LF bought at Rochester.
More CDT's trying to use JH to Colorado in both ships.
Decided to try Jump Gate to Colarado,
Let me go through NY - Colarado Jump Gate OK.
Landed on Ouray Xeno Base but now can't leave Ouray Base, 7 CDT in row trying to undock from Ouray both with mission and without, using Ferret LF only here.
Cheers.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.