The tenth installment of Dawn of the Reapers. Enjoy!
Dawn of the Reapers 0.8.5 Resurgence
This is a BETA version of the mod. Everything within this version is subject to change. Some bugs may be encountered.
- Extract the DOTR folder into your Mods Rebellion v1.85 folder.
- Once the extraction is complete, find the DOTRHOME.bat file, move this file to your Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion folder, usually found at C/Steam/Steamapps/common/Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion.
- Open Sins of a Solar Empire rebellion, go to options > mods and enable DOTR.
- Once the mod is enabled, restart sins to ensure stability.
For those of you that prefer enabling mods through the EnabledMods file, copy the following text and replace the text within your enabled mods file:
Do not use this method unless you are sure of what you are doing, otherwise, use method 1.
State of the Mod
There are far too many changes with the 0.8.5 release to list a full change log, however, some of the most notable new features and changes are:
- Redone UI: A completely redone and polished UI to enhance the in game experience.
- Ship stat cards: Stat cards providing detailed and important information about the ship to the player implemented across the vast majority of the rosters.
- Stealth Rework: New and improved stealth mechanics providing another layer of gameplay and choice.
- Carrier Rework: Improvements to carriers and strike craft mean that carriers now provide a far more potent presence and force in combat.
- Infantry Rework: Balances to infantry units and the implementation of a brand new combat width mechanic, adding depth to DotR’s unique infantry system.
- New Voice Lines: Several voice line additions and announcer changes, providing more variety and identification to factions and ships.
- Merc Overhaul: Overhaul to the merc faction, rebalancing their economy, adding dreadnought abilities, and bringing them into a more balanced position with the other factions.
- Council Rework: Various aspects of the Council changed and rebalanced across the board, providing a more balanced and fleshed out gameplay experience.
- Cerberus Rework: Cerberus faction adjusted to meet the original vision, ship buffs, tech tree changes and rebalancing across the board.
- New ships: A couple of new ship additions, most notably in the implementation of the Arcturus starbase for the Alliance.
- New Maps: Addition of two new competitive maps, HG2 (2v2) and DV1 (3v3) with spectator versions.
- New Emblems: A few new emblem choices added to better reflect the totality of ships and factions represented in DotR.
Prolific Studios maintains a discord server that can be used to report any bugs directly to the dev team, as well as to provide suggestions, ask questions and generally interact with the DOTR community. Feel free to join us: Discord.gg
All elements of the mod are currently WIP and subject to change, please keep that in mind.
We are not interested in hearing complaints or suggestions about the Reapers, given their unfinished and unfocused nature.
We do however welcome all other suggestions through our discord.
Thank you and Enjoy!