Please do not download this if you want a new Sourceforts and think this will be awesome fun. This is a beta and it is mostly to gather bug reports and feature requests. If you download this, please report bugs to the bug tracker, along with any features or ideas you may have. Thank you.
While, this isn’t a final release, we’re really happy to announce the release of Luminous Forts 0.1 Beta. It’s been in development for around 1 1/2 years now and although the vast majority of the work done did not make it into this release. Though it’s time for a fresh slate with the whole fort building and ideas are welcome.
For the next release we’re working on getting more maps, adding in Lua support, game play changes, bug-fixes and much more. This release isn’t that playable, as it only comes with 2 maps.
This is a beta release, so no media update, trailer or anything. We’re aiming to be a total conversion, but we haven’t the man power or direction yet. Ideas and suggestions are always welcome, as long as they’re feasible and fit the gameplay.
We’re looking for Mappers and Play Testers!
- Positive attitude
- Ability to create maps from scratch
- Creative and have original ideas!!
- Work without a leader
Play Testers need:
- Know how to download the latest version of Luminous Forts SVN (Follow a tutorial, Wiki.garrysmod.com
- Setup Luminous Forts SVN to run in debug and windowed mode (add -allowdebug -sw to ‘advanced launch options’)
- Post bugs, feature requests, issues, and more on the Luminous Forts issue tracker
- Join the Steam group: Steamcommunity.com
- Show up to scheduled events!!
Keep in mind Luminous Forts is open source and you’re free to keep copyright on all works contributed. We advise that you license your works under the Creative Commons just to keep your copyright safe.
Also, you can find links to the Luminous Forts codebase on the website. We’ll also be opening some of the artwork source in the coming months.