L'Aigle is a singleplayer total-conversion mod for Mount & Blade: Warband. Set during the Napoleonic Wars, L'Aigle will recreate the age of blackpowder warfare.

Forum Thread
Some questions you might want answered. (as of 1.1) (Games : Mount & Blade: Warband : Mods : L'Aigle : Forum : General Discussion : Some questions you might want answered. (as of 1.1)) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 7 2015 Anchor

First off, how to install, if you didn't know.
You most likely know how to install mods, if you didn't you put L'Aigle (or any other mod) into th MB Warband Modules folder. To install 1.1, simply put it in the modules folder and it will ask to replace some files, say yes.

Next up: factions. People ask about this a lot. It's also on the forums too.
Swiss Confederation
Kingdom of Spain (Bonapartist)
Supreme Junta (Spanish Rebels)
Kingdom of Portugal
Denmark-Norway
Kingdom of Sweden
Ottoman Empire
Serb Rebels
Tirolean Rebels

The above factions will be in future releases.

The next question is about cannons. Many people have asked about these in the comments, so I thought I would include them.
The button to select cannons is nine. At the start of every battle they will be bound to two, but after a couple seconds will be re-bounded to nine (Unnamed 6).

Flag bearers and musicians also seem to be a confusion to many players.
To recruit flag bearers, you need thirty of one type of infantry. (For example, you would need thirty Old Guards to get one flag bearer.) About musicians, I don't think they have been added yet.

Joining the army of a nation and promotions are also asked about a lot.
To join the army, an army recuiter will be in the capital city of every nation. (Although I'm not sure about this, I think if a nations capital is taken, the guy will move to the nations Military Depot) Once joining a nations army you will instantly become a lord like in Native. ( You don't get a village of castle, I don't think, but it still works like a lord.) To recieve promotions, talk to the Regiment Liaison in your nations army depot. Upon talking to him there are three options, I would like to buy a promotion, I think I deserve a promotion or I have taken an enemy standard. I actually have no idea what the last one does, but if you want a promotion right when you join a faction you must press the first option. The first promotion will cost 13500 francs. You may also ask for a promotion, which you would need glory points, which you gain from battle.

What do promotions do?
Promotions will increase your party size, and unlock NCO uniforms.

About Freelancer
I thought I would add this here, since a couple people asked about this. As I said earlier, I'm not sure if Freelancer could be added. It can be gamebreaking to certain mods (except I'm not sure what it would do to this mod.)

That's all I can think of right now. If you have anymore questions I should put on here, just ask me to put them up.

Faction and troop guide. (WIP)

France: Led by Emperor Napoleon I. Its capital is in Paris, France. Starts out at war with the UK and Austria. (Kaisertum Oesterreich), historically has the puppet states of the Rheinish Confederation, Holland, Naples, and Italy. Has excellent Foot Soldiers, a noticeable one is the Old Guard (La Vieille Garde) Which in my opinion, are the best troops in the game.
The UK: Led by King George III. it's capital is in London, England. Starts out at war with France, Holland, Naples, Grand Duchy of Warsaw (Poland), Rheinish Confederation (Der Rheninbud) and Italy. Has the best Rifleman I've ever seen. the 95th Riflemen sometimes start shooting right when the battle starts. Also has Highlanders available from Scotland.
Western French puppets (Holland, Italy, Naples, Confederation of the Rhine): Mostly French troops except with their cultures on them. They all start out at war with the same nations as France.
Königreich Preßeun (Kingdom of Prussia): Led by König Friedrich Wilhelm III. Its capital is Berlin, Prussia. Starts out at war with Rossiyskaya Imperiya (Russian Empire). Has excellent cavalry from the famous "Garde Du Corps". Also has Musketier zu Fuß, and Grenatier zu Fuß.
Grand Duchy of Warsaw (Poland): Led by Ksaize Fryderyk August I. Its capital in Warszawa, Polski (Warsaw, Poland). Historically a French puppet, so begins out at war with the same nations as France. Has Ulan Cavalry and regular Fusiliers and Grenadiers.
Kaiserthum Oesterreich (Austrian Empire): Led by Kaiser Franz I. Its capital is Wien, Oesterreich (Vienna, Austria). Starts out at war with France and all its puppet nations. Has very good Hungarian and Austrian Grenadiers. For Light Infantry it has the famous Jägers.
Also has Uhlan Cavalry.
Rossiyskaya Imperiya: Led by Tsar (Or Czar) Aleksandr I. Its capital is in Sankt-Peterburg, Rossiya (Saint Petersburg, Russia). Starts out at war with the Kingdom of Prussia. Has excellent Foot Soldiers and good Light Cavalry, such as the Pavlovsky Grenadiers and Cossack Cavalry.
I'll do more research on factions later, but there's the list for now. According to Doc's Twitter there you can recruit certain troops from certain places if you are in a certain factions army (Example: A man in the French army may recruit special Polish Cavalry, that can't be recrtuited while not part of France.) I will look into these, and they will be added.

Nothing new in this for 1.2, since there was not much worth adding into this.

In case you're wondering, I'm moving this over to Steam.

Credits:
Me, for making this guide.
Thanks to Docm30 for making this beautiful mod.

Edited by: ManlyMan24

Jan 7 2015 Anchor

I'd like to be able to play as soldier in a lord's army. I know there is a mod out there that does this (freelancer I believe), so it should be simple to incorprate it. A lot of other mods use this.

Jan 7 2015 Anchor

I'm not sure if Doc would add that, since Freelancer could be game breaking to certain mods. I'm not sure if it will do that to this on though.

Jan 8 2015 Anchor

Okay, makes sense. If not freelancer though, I still hope you'll add some sort of way for us to rp as a lineman rather than always have to lead armies ourselves. Thanks for all the hard work you put into the mod!

Jan 9 2015 Anchor

Omniscient_Fox wrote: Okay, makes sense. If not freelancer though, I still hope you'll add some sort of way for us to rp as a lineman rather than always have to lead armies ourselves. Thanks for all the hard work you put into the mod!

I didn't make this mod, I just wanted to make a thread to help people. DocM30 made the mod.

May 17 2015 Anchor

for some reason i have no clue how to get to the uk. how do i do it?

Jun 22 2015 Anchor

how do intall this plz help(I know I am such a noob but I still need help)

Jun 26 2015 Anchor
fbcampbell wrote:

for some reason i have no clue how to get to the uk. how do i do it?

Just click on the UK to go there, I can't exactly remember where you cross from, might be from Groningen to the East Angles (Yes I know this is kinda late)

edr002 wrote:

Download the .rar, and extract to your modules folder in Mount and Blade: Warband. You will also need win.RAR to extract it.

Jan 2 2016 Anchor

edr002 wrote:

You can download it from the steam workshop

Mar 21 2016 Anchor

I need an old tricone with a pipe! Could you implement that in the next version?

Mar 23 2016 Anchor

Just wondering how to capture Flags/banners/eagles. The other threads and such do not go into detail. I have tried holding it in my hand, but it did not work.

Tylluan

May 5 2016 Anchor

There`s a problem in the game. During my play, all factions exept France, Prussia and Rheinish Confederation, made truce and stopped fighting at all. Only those three factions could declare war again.

Jul 1 2016 Anchor

como se ataca con el mosquete ( perdon soy nuevo XD)

Jul 10 2016 Anchor

What is the best way to get money ?

Nov 27 2016 Anchor

This may be late but are the faction still being developt?

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.