Hello ModDB, long time no see! If you haven't been following us on the JKHub Forums, it has probably been a long time since you've heard anything from Jedi Knight Galaxies. In which case, we have really big exciting news. The latest version, (v1.3) which includes things like shields, armor, a revamped ammo system, jetpacks, consumable items, a new damage system, new weapons, and much more is about to be released. We've been putting a ton of work into getting all those bugs worked out and the new features ready to rumble!
In order to celebrate the new release, and help us do a sanity check we'll be running a scrimmage match (this will be the 3rd one now) to help us test the balance and find any bugs we missed. We need your feedback! We're inviting all who are interested to come join us for the event. You can find more information about it here.
If you're new to Jedi Knight Galaxies, welcome! We're glad to have you. JKG is our passion project and a game we hope you'll enjoy. To our previous fans, we want to let you know we're still working on our beloved project and are looking forward to your response to the newest version. We'll have more news soon and will try to update ModDB more frequently in the future. However, if you want the very latest news - jump on our discord and chat with us anytime.
Many of you are probably wondering what most of us are up to. Here are some of the things we've been working on. eezstreet has refactored and rewritten a ton of code to help prepare for v1.3 and implementing some new systems, and the rest of us have also been busy. Here's some brief teases of what we're working on:
- Ammo - Ammo is now purchasable and customizable, there are different varieties and uses that vary from weapon to weapon. If you run out of ammunition, you can buy more in the shop.
- Damage Types - There are now several different types of damage you can receive instead of one generic damage type. Take blaster damage, or damage from slugthrowers, grenades do different types of damage, and flame throwers do flame damage, etc. Each has its advantages and quirks and interplay with other damage types to create a variety of strategy. This include things like poison and bleeding debuffs (more below)!
- Jetpacks - The original Jedi Academy jetpack system has been completely replaced with a new system and jetpacks have been added to the shops. Fly around, or get a boost to hard to reach places and take advantage of the map terrain to overcome the enemy team.
- Shields - Shields are here! (This is my favorite part). Shields act as a scapegoat, standing between you and certain harm. Beware though, after being overloaded with enough damage (dependent on a capacity unique to each shield item), the shield will no longer protect you until its able to recharge. Shields are not effective against all types of damage, but in general will offer a much better chance of avoiding death.
- Armor - No longer merely cosmetic, armor will help reduce damage taken when worn. Different portions will protect different parts of your body. eg: Helmets reduce head shot damage, while torso reduces torso damage, etc.
- Debuff/Buffs - You can be lit on fire, poisoned, bleed, stunned, frozen, etc. Debuffs last for a few seconds and usually have two parts: damage, and some sort of effect. For example being frozen, will do damage to you over time, but also prevents you from moving. The way damage over time works has been completely revamped in order to provide functionality for LMO features in versions to come and make it easier to implement new buffs.
- Consumables - Grenades are now consumable items and are much more cheaply available in the shops giving you more incentive to buy and use them to your advantage. Other consumables such as bacta are also available for your use.
Much much more will also be featured in v1.3, hope you're as excited as we are! Be on the watch for the new release in January, and more news soon!
See y'all soon,