JA2 Stracciatella is an unofficial patch for Jagged Alliance 2. But it's more than that: The goal of JA2 Stracciatella is to make Jagged Alliance 2 available on a wide range of platforms, improve its stability, fix bugs and provide a stable platform for mod development. Development of JA2 Stracciatella takes place on GitHub.

Forum Thread
Stracc Compile Visual Studio 2017 (Games : Jagged Alliance 2 : Mods : JA2 Stracciatella : Forum : Technical Issues : Stracc Compile Visual Studio 2017) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 25 2018 Anchor

Hi Stracciatella folks,

I'm attempting to get Stracciatella compiling on Windows with Visual Studio 2017 but having difficulty.

So far I've used:

cmake -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=./cmake/toolchain-msvc.cmake -G "Visual Studio 15 2017" ../

Which successfully builds the VS project.

Then I had to set _SILENCE_TR1_NAMESPACE_DEPRECATION_WARNING in the preprocessor definitions for the gtest and gtest_main projects. This had something to do with std::tr1 being deprecated in gtest, and I'm not sure if it's a good long term solution.

Now I'm trying to get the ja2 project to compile, but getting this error:

ja2-stracciatella-master\_bin\dependencies\lib-fltk\fltk-internal-prefix\src\fltk-internal\src\flstring.h(28): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'strings.h': No such file or directory [...\ja2-stracciatella-master\_bin\dependencies\lib-fltk\fltk-internal-prefix\src\fltk-internal-build\src\fltk.vcxproj]

As far as I can tell there is a mistaken build directive called HAVE_STRINGS_H that is being set when it shouldn't be. It should be using string.h instead, I think. I've tried setting HAVE_STRINGS_H to 0 in CMakeCache for fltk, but it didn't have any affect.

When building INSTALL I'm also getting a variety of errors like this:

SGP.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _create_engine_options referenced in function _SDL_main

Which I'm not sure how to resolve.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.