Hello there everyone!
First of all, we are very sorry for the bugs and performance issues that you had to face the last 24 hours. We have spent all day to fix the most urgent bugs and performance issues. Hopefully, this patch should fix most of the existent bugs, balance the game a little bit and solve the performance issues on both the client and the server.
Performance for Client has been increased by removing a lot of unnecessary data that was loaded into the game at start up. Memory usage should now be much lower (Just 1000mb compared to the 1400 we had before.) We have also increased performance by adjusting shaders and slightly fixed the rigging of several of the french uniforms.
The Server should now also perform much better than before. We have reworked large parts of our code. For example, for just the reloading system we reduced the code from 500 to 100 lines and got rid of more than 240 events!
We have also changed the Balance slightly. To nerf the Sniper class we made it impossible to look through the scope while bolting and reloading the gun. This will make sure that snipers will have to re target their aim after every shot.
Additionally we changed the Ammo counter presentation to be easier to understand for new players. It will now show both the bullets left in your inventory and the bullets left in your magazine.
We also fixed all battle spawns on all maps and did several minor tweaks to some of them.
We also made the French LightMachinegunners slightly stronger. They will now be able to properly aim and shoot while walking.
Anyway, here is a list of changed/added features:
- Added some active and alive agent and players checks to a few client side events
- You can no longer attach bayonets to the Chauchat
- Fixed the bandages and morphine killing people when healing/giving morphine (basically now they deal no damage)
- Removed shell in air loop sound
- Nerfed snipers by removing the scope presentation once fired
- Fixed the animations for shooting with MGs
- Made the ammo counter presentation slightly different and more intuitive for players to understand
- Fixed Battle Spawns on all maps
- Fixed sound bugs on Belgian Forest (Storm map)
- Removed all useless local sounds from maps.
- Possibly fixed crashes and lags client issues
- General performance enhancement
And obviously, you can download it directly from Moddb on the Downloads section!