The goal of this mod is to bring back the units from the original Homeworld into the Homeworld 2 engine, with high quality texture and polycount detail. The campaign and animatics from the original game will also be included.
A set of 4 badges from the hit Trigger produced anime, Kill la Kill.
There are two things you need to know.
1. Because I can.
2. Because there are too many RWBY badge packs on the steam workshop.
Also, I already uploaded this on the Steam Workshop. However, since Badge support is still very new on the workshop, they will not show up in multiplayer because of how the launcher handles workshop mods.
Original workshop page: Steamcommunity.com
The purpose of using this website was so players could still see the badges in multiplayer, even though nobody else on the same map as you will see it unless they have the mod as well. This is how client-side things work.
This is a pack containing four custom badges for your fleet in Homeworld RM, 1, or 2. They are meant to represent the four "factions" from the anime, Kill la Kill.
Ryuko Matoi (and friends?)
Now you can pretend Ryuko is a fearless fleet commander on a mission to overthrow the galactic tyranny of the REVOCS Corp and Ragyo. Or just have something besides RWBY plastered on your ship hulls.
Installing is covered in the readme.txt included in the .zip. However, I will expand on it in this post.
These are simple .tga image files. All you need to do is extract them to a certain folder in Homeworld's install folders. (You can skip steps 1 and 2 if you already have a "Badges" folder.)
1. Go to C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\Data
- It does not have to be the HomeworldRM folder.
- You can use HomeworldRM, Homeworld1Classic, or Homeworld2Classic. Or you can use all 3. It doesn't matter. It all depends which gamemode you want them to appear in.
2. Create a folder named "Badges"
- Create a folder named "Badges" for all three Game folders if you want them to appear in all gamemodes. (HomeworldRM, Homeworld1Classic, or Homeworld2Classic)
3. Extract the .tga image files to that same "Badges" folder you just created.
4. Run the game. On the launcher, select whichever Game you installed them to, unless you put them on all of them.
These should have no problem showing up for you in multiplayer. Nobody else will see them however, unless they have the badges installed as well.
However, this has not been tested as I can never find a damn multiplayer game to join. So feel free to let me know if I'm totally wrong.
See this video: Youtube.com
Kill la Kill and all related original material from Kill la Kill are the sole property of Studio Trigger.
The source images are not of my creation. Most of these were made by skilled graphical artists, and proper credit goes to whoever those people are. However, I have modified them to be a bit more pleasing to the eye when seen on the ships in-game. I have also added a few personal touches to some of them so they're less bland. The REVOCS logo had its color enhanced because the texture I put over it dulled it too much. The Ryuko logo had little red streaks and highlights put in her hair to reduce the bland-ness of it. On the Honnouji logo, I personally put the Japanese writing on it. On the left, vertical, it translates to "Honnouji Academy". The left, horizontal, translates to "Kill la Kill" or "Kiruakiru".
So can anyone tell I don't regularly upload things to this website?