The About Page on Hit-squad.net has been updated with this information (provided here on modDB for your convenience):
Here's a brief description of what to expect from HS:
- Realistic weapon damage - Most weapons will kill an unarmored opponent in 1-3 shots. Kevlar vests provide added protection for the chest, but a headshot will always kill.
- Realistic weapons and upgrades - Players carry one weapon by default. In addition to their weapon, they can carry an accessory. This accessory can be a kevlar vest, silencer, extra pistol, etc... See the Accessories Page for more details.
- Detailed urban locations - Gangs will fight to control the underworld of several highly detailed city locations.
- Non player characters - Cities are populated by lots of people. You will encounter people going about their daily lives, and if you cause too much trouble, the police will show up to put a stop to it.
- Vehicles - Players will have a large selection of low and high performance automobiles.
[*]Multiple game types - Planned game types include Turf War (fight to control the city), Capture the Briefcase, Mob Hit (assassination), and Car Chase. (not all gametypes will be implemented in the first release)
If you'd like more information about HiT-SQUAD, please visit Hit-squad.net