As many of you did see in a previous update, we are excited to share a few technical improvements we did the last couple of weeks. Those include:
- Massive update for studiorendering that includes ATI support, now models can cast shadows with VBO rendering system.
- GPU Skinning fixes, DDS Loading, GPU Lighting
- VBO rendering + baked lighting
- Enhanced cubemapping
- DDS support
- Studiomodel cubemapping, studiomodel lighting, studiomodel normalmapping.
- Some fixes.
Okay nerds, but... what does it means exactly? Means, less limitations, more creativity and enhanced content ;)
Here's a comparision picture between the effects ON and OFF. Notice that the HD Textures are still loaded on the OFF section:
The good aspect of it, is that let us add more polys with more detail than before. The bad side? Well, completing a map now takes more additional time.
Having more details with less impact on the performance lets us do massive rendering distances:
Specially as you can see below. Scenes like this just wouldn't be possible before (notice the tiny cars and the HD sky):
These are WIP pictures, meaning it will look even cooler once they are final :)
More improvements also include (remember that we did a clean up and started from scratch, using SDK 2.4):
- Implementation of FMOD Studio (or FMOD 5) which allow us to have:
- Dynamic music system (music switching from stealth/ambience to action/fighting in the same style as SoF 2)
- Playing HQ sounds and place them in the world with a pre-defined min and max distance, they can also follow an entity (all weapon sounds follow it's owner : the player)
- Reverberation which allow us to imitate quarry, city, arena, hangar, underwater or other environments.
- Reimplemented and reviewed most of Am's weapons in terms of coding and assets :
- Sound assets cleaning, they are better organized with better names/paths
- Unused animations were removed
- Many other stuff
You can thank Alexander 'Hawk' Bakanov and Joël "Shepard" Troch :)
We also like to take the opportunity to thank those who were involved on our sucessful Dropbox thingy mission
You guys rock!
Also, for the end of this tiny news article, a really close to final church. I noticed you guys loved it sooo... here's an update for your viewing pleasure:
You can suscribe to our studio's channel to get updates about our projects, ARRANGEMENT included!: Youtube.com