Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City a total conversion modification for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Ever since GTA: Vice City was released, ongoing work has been done to bring the world of GTA III into the new game engine. This allows you to play with features that are not present in GTA III (like motorcycles, helicopters, ability to kill vehicle occupants, and tire bursts). Although there are many similarities between the two game engines, there are enough complex differences that people are still working on the project to this day. Helicopters, Planes, Bikes, all the enhancements you found in Vice City, inside the GTA III world. Ever wanted to attack Marco's Bistro from an Apache helicopter? This is the mod for you! Now you can fly, die and ultimately have a whole new barrel of fun in the Grand Theft Auto III world!

Forum Thread
Beta 3.3 files released! (Games : Grand Theft Auto: Vice City : Mods : Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City : Forum : Update History : Beta 3.3 files released!) Post Reply
Thread Options
Aug 7 2023 Anchor

Download Beta 3.3 - thanks samutz for the hosting
Beta 3.3 Update - Last updated August 23
SFX Add-on: Download

After about 2 years and 4 months, we are releasing a new public beta, version 3.3.

But hey, what happened to 3.2? Well, 3.2 exists, it just never saw the light of day because there were many bugs in it and the primary contributor's computer crashed so things could not be fixed easily at all. If anybody is curious, they can try out the 3.2 files here. The only cool feature that made it into 3.2 that's not in 3.3 is the cutscene heads were converted and working. We are trying to find a way to redo that for the next relaese.

Okay, enough about beta 3.2, what's new with 3.3? Thanks largely to SilentPL, this mod has had a great revival. Most of the changes were behind the scenes in cleaning up the exe modifying files. A few missions have been updated with proper GTA3 opcode functions. He has also helped make the scm code a lot cleaner and bug free. Speaking of the scm, with the exception of the insane stunts thread (which was largely taken from VC) every variable has the proper name that Rockstar gave them. A few missions have been redone into high level coding.

There are a few rewards given out if the player can complete the game to 100%. Please give it a try as that's the best way to completely bug test it. And I don't know if I will have the time to complete everything to 100%. It's been a while since I gave Gripped! a try.

I'm forgetting a lot of new features, and some I'll let the users find themselves. Please help us test these missions out so we can have the next version be as bug free as possible. Speaking of the next version, we are getting closer and closer to releasing GTA: Liberty City Final v1.0. The next big thing we are going to work on is to try and import the peds and actor models from the XBOX version. Not only will they look better, but they will likely be easier to port functionality for cutscenes.

I'd also like to thank Ash_735 and rmws. for their help as well. It is greatly appreciated.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.